cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nice try with the new forum, cant quote now.

danknugz
Superstar
on mobile and i just tried to quote someone, when i did this, the text cursor was stuck in the quote and i could not move it out of quote boundary
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?
36 REPLIES 36

cybereality
Grand Champion

danknugz said:

on mobile and i just tried to quote someone, when i did this, the text cursor was stuck in the quote and i could not move it out of quote boundary

Seems to work for me on Android. You just can't click into the quote area or you will get stuck. This is the same on desktop and has always been an issue, not anything new.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

danknugz
Superstar
thanks
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

cybereality
Grand Champion
I agree it's an annoying bug, though, even when I've figured out how to work around it.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

danknugz
Superstar

danknugz said:

Seems to work for me on Android. You just can't click into the quote area or you will get stuck. This is the same on desktop and has always been an issue, not anything new.

i just tried and i couldnt click outside of the quote area, this is what happened

after entering text in the quote, only then could i enter this text below. so right now it seems that if i want to quote someone i have to add temporary text in the quote before it will allow me to add text below

danknugz
Superstar

danknugz said:

danknugz said:

i just tried and i couldnt click outside of the quote area, this is what happened

after entering text in the quote, only then could i enter this text below. so right now it seems that if i want to quote someone i have to add temporary text in the quote before it will allow me to add text below

this time it worked fine.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I gotta say, I'm not crazy about the new forum appearance on desktop. No colour differentiation between read and unread threads, and no colour highlighting of read threads with new posts. All the info is now in the "new/# new" tag, which makes it harder to spot new activity at a glance.

Also, the text is smaller now, and the emoticons are HUGE. 😕

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

cybereality
Grand Champion
OK, I think I see what you are saying. It only works sometimes. I'll be sure to see about getting this fixed.

lensmandave
Superstar

nalex66 said:

I gotta say, I'm not crazy about the new forum appearance on desktop. No colour differentiation between read and unread threads, and no colour highlighting of read threads with new posts. All the info is now in the "new/# new" tag, which makes it harder to spot new activity at a glance.

Also, the text is smaller now, and the emoticons are HUGE. 😕

I have to agree, I thought I had tripped Microsoft  'Ease of Access' mode for a moment. It's a bit clunky eh?
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

shiari
Heroic Explorer
Yeah, it looks pretty annoying now. Massive text, too much bold, and all black and white.