cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.19 PTC Release Notes

cybereality
Grand Champion
FEATURES:
  • Mixed Reality Capture: The Camera Calibration Tool now handles advanced geometric calculations more efficiently, which is especially useful for 4K mixed reality capture.

BUG FIXES:
  • Miscellaneous performance improvements, stability enhancements, and bug fixes.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
21 REPLIES 21

bigmike20vt
Visionary
mixed reality? thanks tho, improvements always good.

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
What programs use Mixed Reality?

When are the important stuff we ask for coming?...
DISABLE ASW
SUPER SAMPLING PIXELS
CHANGE INSTALL DIRECTORY
ALLOW MOVING INSTALLED PROGRAMS WITH NEW PATHS
CREATE SHORTCUT RUN PATHS TO OTHER APPS

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer

CHANGE INSTALL DIRECTORY

^^^That! Or before Cybereality chimes in and says, that's already possible, let's clarify it that I'm pretty sure he means, ability to ADD drives on top of the main location, just like Steam allows!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Interesting update...

Xboxmember1978
Expert Protege
Yes, it's getting extremely frustrating seeing update after update and none of the most important things we are needing done

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MAC_MAN86

Can you post that list of requests and a little commentary on each on the developer side of the forums in the general sub-forum? I'll try to get a spotlight going on these needs.

DONE: https://forums.oculus.com/developer/discussion/57829/obvious-functions-in-home-seriously-need-adding-asap/p1?new=1

I hope you imperativity can at least get this moving as Cybereality has ignored the facts of the old Runtime Install 0.7 allows old Xeons to run perfectly whilst and has all updates whilst any latest install prevents them installing! This is why I and others require options for install folders even more so but everyone could need this as drives fail!

stal2k
Explorer
@imperativity @cybereality Ever since ~3 (including this) driver versions ago I've been having a tracking issue with Echo Arena specifically. While I only really see it there and an obscure steam game (VRQB) it was almost certainly baked into an update. I'll try to articulate what is going on, and be happy to repost if this isn't the best place.

Context: 
I play echo arena regularly and have developed a really fast shot, another frequent player has also observed this same issue. 

Issue: When throwing 'baseball' style with near maximum effort the tracking almost stops at the beginning of the "whip" motion. I noticed this immediately after updating in the beta channel (3 versions, counting this one). I downgraded, and the issue was resolved. I figured, ok for sure someone will catch that as I wasn't even looking and noticed it immediately, but I guess I underestimated how many people are throwing a virtual object really hard :). 

While certainly open to an indie game like VRQB not being well optimized, the issue is easily replicated in that game. When I throw the ball 'hard' it basically drops straight to the ground. In an effort to proactively address routine causes I'll say I'm relatively tech savvy and have tried the following remedies. 

Specs: i7-7700k | 1080gt w/ 16gb ram 
  • Since I also own a Vive, using commensurate force/motion does not result in the dropping of ball or disc flying 45 degrees upwards.
  • I bought the recommended innotek 3.0 usb card, to ease any bandwidth concerns, have 2x sensors plugged into it w/ a 3rd into a separate 2.0 controller (MB)
  • Tried multiple different roomscale configs, including 1 and 2 sensors only
  • Tried a backup set of touch controllers
  • Replicated issue on a laptop (same CPU/GPU/RAM as desktop) the common items were my Rift and sensors
  • Rotating which sensor was on 2.0
  • Uninstalling/reinstalling USB devices
If I had to *guess* based on the above steps perhaps the refreshes per second were lowered to potentially conserve bandwidth? I'm at a loss and really want to be able to get my shot back, so I'm hoping to at least get this flagged as an issue. I'd be willing to provide whatever assistance is needed to get you appropriate logs or whatever would be appropriate. Thanks. 

AlexLogin0ff
Explorer
I added a steam app to Oculus home and removed it from Oculus Home and I can't add it back again.
Please make the function of re-adding applications!

john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer
Custom Shortcuts for steam VR games in Oculus Home. Most Steam VR games support more than one HMD.