cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elite dangerous update

gpcustom
Explorer
really have enjoyed the 1st person play in this game but as of todays new update it will not load. Virus protection turned off, oculus allowed in, fire wall even turned off and time after time  again it just does not take. Any fixes out there so  far?
53 REPLIES 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah, mine won't even update. Oculus keeps saying "Sorry, it looks like your antivirus software blocked the installation of Elite Dangerous: Commander Deluxe Edition"... Tried disabling antivirus but still the same error.  😕

1point21jiggawattz
Adventurer
Has anyone tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it?
Hey, I have a signature. 

Eazee
Honored Guest
Same problem here. Installation stalls at 97% and then displays the error message about antivirus software blocking the installation - which is kinda strange since I don't run any antivirus software, even windows defender is disabled.

vannagirl
Consultant

Eazee said:

Same problem here. Installation stalls at 97% and then displays the error message about antivirus software blocking the installation - which is kinda strange since I don't run any antivirus software, even windows defender is disabled.

This is exactly for me. Was on beta 1.19 rolled back to 1.18 no diffrence, disabled all, no difference, added everything i can find for ovr in firewalls no difference.

I had just updated eve valkerie with no issues, this sticks at 97%

It must be either a home or elite issue  😐
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Star-lizard
Rising Star
Yes I have the same problem elite dangerous claims it can't install due to anti virus , turned it off along with firewall and still no luck first to 99% then stops 

Ravwyn
Honored Guest
Same issue here - and yes I'm quite able to completely turn off my AV software ;D The update went fine and without issues whatsoever on steam. Tomorrow I'll try redownloading the whole game - pls fix this. I prefer to use the game via Home.

dudiefluke
Explorer
Had the same problem had to uninstall and reinstall the game in the oculus app works fine now. I dont think it has anything to do with AV just a update bug.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Terribly sorry about this. We are investigating the situation now and will report back once we know more. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
It's worth waiting for :wink:

Been on all evening and very much enjoying the new functions. Especially new synthesis items and Galaxy map route planning, which has turned out to be more accurate and efficient than online ones.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2