New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Rift 1.19 Release Notes

cyberealitycybereality Posts: 22,779 Oculus Staff
FEATURES:
  • Mixed Reality Capture: The Camera Calibration Tool now handles advanced geometric calculations more efficiently, which is especially useful for 4K mixed reality capture.
BUG FIXES:
  • Miscellaneous performance improvements, stability enhancements, and bug fixes.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Comments

• Star-lizardStar-lizard Posts: 115
    Art3mis
    Thanks
  • HankTVHankTV Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Miscellaneous performance improvements, stability enhancements, and bug fixes Sounds everytime good. I'm gonna try it out THX. And keep going Your work on Oculus. Looking forward to see the Oculus-Chat feature soon.
  • Acidhouse88Acidhouse88 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    This is not fixed yet

"Fixed an issue impacting Elite:Dangerous updates"

i have restarted after the update to 1.9 and retried the Elite update and it still has not updated.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 22,779 Oculus Staff
    Please submit a support ticket. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • mvosonegromvosonegro Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Most time when I launch the Oculus Tray Tool and it in turn launches the Oculus app, nothing shows up in the HMD.  Don't know if this is due to the Oculus Rift 1.19 or Oculus Tray Tool, however in the previous version of the Oculus app I didn't have this problem.  Now I need to launch the app several time to get something to show in the HMD.
  • OlivierMDVYOlivierMDVY Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Is this version still in the Public Testing channel? Because no update from my side.
    It's live, but it can take several days to roll out to everyone.
  • legi0legi0 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    No update here also. Why the incremental rollout?
  • arknessarkness Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Would love to see a update to support more sensors.
  • RefriedhamsterRefriedhamster Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited October 9
    Installed 1.19 Update and lost all display in Oculus. Reinstalling Oculus software doesn't fix. Updated all drivers and still no display. I hear the sounds of Oculus Home in headphones but no display. Everything was working fine in previous build. Also since update I am getting sensor errors occasionally about poor tracking.
    Please submit a support ticket. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com
  • RefriedhamsterRefriedhamster Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited October 10
    After speaking to customer support, they told me to rollback the GPU driver.

"Please install the NVIDIA driver version 381.89 from April 25, 2017."

This fixed my issue and everything is back up and running.
    Thanks for the help!
    Sorry for the trouble, but glad to hear you got it working.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 751
    Neo
    edited October 10

Thanks for the help!

Hmm my system updated to 1.19 yesterday and all is well. I also have the latest Nvidia drivers - 387.92 downloaded and was planning on installing today, now am hesitant... I am currently running 385.69 and no issue.

Edit: Went ahead and updated, no issues on my end so far.
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite|16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz| TM Warthog + 7.5cm Ext| MFG Crosswind Pedals| Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit 
  • Tombstone_1885Tombstone_1885 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
      I had the same problem as Refriedhamster. I had to install the Nvidia 381.89 driver to get the screen to work. I hope they figure out what caused the screen to blackout with the 1.19 update with newer Nvidia drivers. It had been working with the Nvidia 385.69 driver before the update. Thanks for the solution Refriedhamster.
  • Tombstone_1885Tombstone_1885 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
         If anyone else is having this problem. I just got email from support saying that the Nvidia driver 385.41 will work. It worked for me.
  • ConzConz Posts: 83
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited October 11
    EDIT: Solved! With 381.89 driver and reconnecting the rift (USB+HDMI) it's working now. (also pressed "detect" in nvidia disply settings, but I think that was not necessary).

I have big problems with the 1.19. I have a black screen, too.
    My headset can't be detected: Notification in home:  "We can't find your headset. Please connect your headset".
    Was working fine with 1.18. Nothing else changed on my system.
    The orange LED in the headset is always on.

Rolled back the NVidia driver to 385.41 and 381.89, but get the same problem there, too. No HMD detected.

windows 10 64bit
    Geforce 980

Is there a way to downgrade the oculus driver to 1.18?
  • Hornet_F4CHornet_F4C Posts: 196
    Art3mis
    edited October 11
    dburne said:

Thanks for the help!

Hmm my system updated to 1.19 yesterday and all is well. I also have the latest Nvidia drivers - 387.92 downloaded and was planning on installing today, now am hesitant... I am currently running 385.69 and no issue.

Edit: Went ahead and updated, no issues on my end so far.

From what I read from support on reddit, this issue only seems to affect "older, unsupported" graphic cards.

greets

• Hornet_F4CHornet_F4C Posts: 196
    Art3mis
    edited October 11
    Conz said:
    EDIT: Solved! With 381.89 driver

Windows 10 64bit
    Geforce 980
    However - from what I read on reddit, a GTX 980 should not be considered an "older, unsupported" GPU.... thus should not be affected by this issue.

• ConzConz Posts: 83
    Hiro Protagonist
    However - from what I read on reddit, a GTX 980 should not be considered an "older, unsupported" GPU.... thus should not be affected by this issue.

Maybe I should have reconnected the rift as the first step, that could have been enought. Will test the latest nvidia driver later again.
  • simo1000rrsimo1000rr Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    anyone getting warning msg on the headset with " too many IMU samples lost " after 1.19 update . everything ws fine till this update 
  • highwayintheskyhighwayinthesky Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    anyone getting warning msg on the headset with " too many IMU samples lost " after 1.19 update . everything ws fine till this update 
    Yep. It's always exactly 36 lost samples, too. I've found the tracking to be unstable, too, my position jumps around when I move. It's easiest to notice when the Guardian boundaries are visible because it gives you a clear reference point, but the instability is constant. Someone else posted with the same problem here. I've been in contact with support, and I'd encourage you to open a ticket as well to get as much visibility as possible.
  • sweetlifesweetlife Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Same here. Disconnect problems on HMD Sensors and sound. Also games don't launch when it does say connected.  So is it the update on Oculus side or Nvidia?
  • anthonyvnanthonyvn Posts: 289
    Art3mis
    I can't get this update.  But I'm not sure if I WANT it judging from the above posts.

It downloads for a few minutes, then says the download is queued.
    Since October 10, this notification list has been growing with these "Just started downloading" every 5 minutes exactly.

By the end of the day, this notification list is full, I reboot and it clears again and happens all over again.

THe only errors in eventvwr are a service failure with error ID 7024:
    The Oculus VR Library Service service terminated with the following service-specific error:
    The access code is invalid.

Download the Oculus setup again and choose Repair when installing.
  • anthonyvnanthonyvn Posts: 289
    Art3mis
    Download the Oculus setup again and choose Repair when installing.
    This fixed it.

I was diving into folder permissions, service accounts and eventlogs.

Sometimes the solution is just that simple.

Many thanks!
    Awesome! So glad I could assist.