New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Alien Isolation - win10 - CV1 - Mod // crash upon launch

mgabbmgabb Posts: 24
Brain Burst
Hello,
I've just installed and set up CV1 on win10, flawlessly, and it appears to work well

I've copied the single file from the mod (Mother 0.31) into the game main folder

when I launch AI, immediately the crash: "AI.exe has stopped working"

if I remove the file from the mod, the game works correctly

thanks for any direction
Rift CV1 // win7-64 // win10 // i74790k // MSI1080ti // 32GbRAM // Creative Titanium Fatal1ty

Comments

• ThunderbaneThunderbane Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    it crashes for me alot the first time i try and run the game/mod. I just restart it and it then works fine.
  • mgabbmgabb Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    I'm sorry, are you meaning that I have to keep on launching it until it starts?
    Rift CV1 // win7-64 // win10 // i74790k // MSI1080ti // 32GbRAM // Creative Titanium Fatal1ty
  • PablitoPablito Posts: 346
    Trinity
    1.  Reinstall the game and mod.
    2   Run the game through Steam.  Wait for it to crash.
    3.  Run it again the same way.  Works on the second try.  Don't know why, just does.
  • mgabbmgabb Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    Pablito said:
    1.  Reinstall the game and mod.
    2   Run the game through Steam.  Wait for it to crash.
    3.  Run it again the same way.  Works on the second try.  Don't know why, just does.
    Hello, isn't verifying the game  the same thing? I say so because I have a veeery slow internet

I did this, yet relaunching and relaunching and relaunching....produces nothing - Win10

I've tried on a system with Win8.1, by copying the AI files from my Steam games folder, there it works, after first attempt