cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sensor error incompatible usb port

RiftUser2025
Honored Guest
Although everything works fine on this end it seems, one sensor in the device section on oculus app refuses a usb 3.0 but connected nevertheless. It seems that it works fine but I cant seem to go into the setup process and finish the oculus setup. I had to go into steam and work the room setuo there and seem to be working ok for me. But I would like to finish it into oculus setup as well. Can I override this somehow? It seem the asmedia driver problem for usb driver does not register my second usb 3.0. Untill now i havent had any problems with the rift, and Im very happy with it so far. I have older system with i5 2500k (sandy bridge) msi gtx1070, 16gig ddr3, 1gb ssd, asus p8z68v pro gen3 and this runs ok with olmost evrything here. Only thing is one usb port not register. Who needs upgrades right, lol. Anyhow thanks in advance and keep up the good work!
3 REPLIES 3

cybereality
Grand Champion
You can try using a USB 2.0 port. Those tend to be more reliable.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

RiftUser2025
Honored Guest
Hey cyber, thanks for the respons. Yes I did use usb 2.0 and it works fine for me. Though as I mentioned, the setup process won't finish because of that. I cant klick 'next' to..well do the next thing in the setup lol. Is it actualy a must to finish the oculus setup process for whatever the reason might be? Because all works fine on my end even i used the 2.0 usb port for one sensor. Though there are some little lag or stutter when i turn to fast or just randomly. I guess a 3th and maby 4th sensor might ta care of that, im sure. Btw, cant wait for Dash to come into our home,  2 months seems forever lol.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, you should finish the setup. It should work fine on USB 2.0, so the issue is likely something else.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV