/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

[DK2 READY V2] Cyberspace - One of rift's hardest rides

DreymoDreymo Posts: 66
Virtual Boy (or Girl)
edited December 2015 in Showcase
Hi there,

i'm glad I have finished this. Think it turned out quite enjoying :)

Update 08/02:
- DK2 ready
- Recenter
- Show FPS (F key)
- Disabled mirror mode, much faster in direct mode

Update 08/10:

- Press L to lock the seat from rotating
- New music tracks, choose with 1/2/3/4 keys (electro swing/funk/drum and bass/westcoast g funk)

Download at http://www.riftaway.com

Eject feature:

Comments

• ash55ash55 Posts: 80
    I've never felt very affected by any rift coasters before, but for whatever reason this particular ride made me feel like I was on it and lose my balance. I'm a little bit dizzy after turning it off, so good job.
  • tommosaurtommosaur Posts: 21
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    This demo was the only one so far for me where i got a seriously shaky stomach from, so if that was your goal, well done =)

I personally would like such rides way more though if they were connected to a system where it moves the player around the same way as fitting to what one sees. The part that the eyes tell my brain "crazy motion going on" while the motion/balance sensing parts in my ears tell the brain "couch potato mode", yeah, that is a little too heavy for me =)

On technical level very well done though, no matter if its too heavy for my stomach or not =)
  • dolomitedolomite Posts: 127
    Holy crap....alright you got my attention :shock: !!!!!!

Ok i definitely felt this one!!!!! It actually made me feel kinda queasy with the surrealness of this ride :). Its like the same feeling i got since i tried out that Rift Coaster for the first time, but this one actually made me nervous :). Good job on this one!!!

However, its kinda nasty that if you look down enough towards your shoulders you can see the insides of your neck...which apparently you are already decapitated :oops:. Can use some more polish since the trees were actually floating off the ground when i detached and fell gloriously to my death.

Also, whats up with that one dancing dude :lol: ?
  • DC1973DC1973 Posts: 18
    Brilliant demo - first one so far to get my stomach turning and my head spinning a bit!
  • XerionXerion Posts: 50
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    And here I thought I got over any rift sickness ;) Awesome ride! :P
  • AshokAshok Posts: 59
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    Wow, thank you for making this. Love this demo! I'm pretty much immune to motion sickness, VR doesn't bother me at all. But this dropped my VR legs from 100.0% down to about 90.0%, well done sir. :lol:
  • hakahaka Posts: 6
    edited July 2014
    love it
  • dboxvrdboxvr Posts: 198
    Hiro Protagonist
    Right now all I have is a home made HMD that I put my phone into, but I watch the video for this game over and over again. Even in my comparably crappy headset with a terrible field of view and without any head tracking, this game gives me the willies. I love that you added an eject feature and I can't wait to try the game when my DK2 gets to me.
    Ordered: June 4th
    ON, Canada
  • DreymoDreymo Posts: 66
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Updated to the latest SDK, seems to work fine.. the only problem is when I restart the direct.exe it starts tearing like hell. Have to reboot to fix this. Anyone know what the problem could be?
  • MannyLectroMannyLectro Posts: 558
    Hiro Protagonist
    What the hell ! I never had any reaction to any roller coaster in the Rift, but here you gave me a huge rush of adrenaline !!
    Amazing !
    Rift 3d models available here : viewtopic.php?t=1514
    321d7a56-bfc9-4667-85ce-3a67291aa90a.jpg
  • GrixMGrixM Posts: 37
    How to download? Your website is just a video, no download link or any links at all as far as I can see.

EDIT: Oh, I had to scroll down.. Not very intuitive :(

EDIT2: Holy fuck, dude. That was intense. And nauseating. Great demo! :mrgreen:
  • falcofalco Posts: 61
    Can´t wait to watch my friends reaction when I make them try this and not warn them that they´ll be ejected :lol:
  • evil1evil1 Posts: 51
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    Absolutely brilliant, not sure about being a decapitated dude at the start of the ride though - lol.
    I am one of the lucky few that get zero simulator sickness, but this gave me the slightest feeling in my stomach, love it. Thank you. If it rotated on its axis as well, that would be mental. How about adding a high score table for height and distance :-)
  • rkeeshanrkeeshan Posts: 1
    This is the best DK2 experience I've had thus far. Most stable, best frame rate, completely had me feeling like I was going to fly out of my chair! Must play if you have a DK2. I also second a leaderboard. Launched over 1400ft earlier today. Can't say enough great things about this one, it's so great. Maybe controller support for launching would be nice, but I don't wanna get greedy.
  • treschtresch Posts: 76
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    I really want to try this, but when I run the direct app, the frame rate is extremely low, and there's all sorts of tearing. :(
    VRJam game: GravWing Racing! viewtopic.php?f=51&t=3480
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 2,283 Valuable Player
    Nice Demo! In your starting instructions, it said SHIFT/ENTER to reset position, but I couldn't get that to work. That's a problem I've been having with a few demos, they start me with my head in the wrong place, and I can't reset, so I end up trying to position my camera to get myself onto my virtual body. Is this a not-quite implemented feature, or something wrong on my end?
    i7 5820K 4.25 GHz | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair LPX 32GB DDR4 3000 | Corsair Hydro H100i | Corsair HX750
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1 TB | Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3TB
  • CarandiruCarandiru Posts: 238
    Woo! Really feel this one. It's amazing how the inner ear is connected to your vision like that.
    http://www.supersinfulsilicon.com/ supersinfulsilicon - software
    Home of the MaxVR Oculus Rift Video Player

https://twitter.com/Carandiru
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    tresch wrote:
    I really want to try this, but when I run the direct app, the frame rate is extremely low, and there's all sorts of tearing. :(

same here, only works good in direct mode after a clean reboot. If I start it the second time it starts tearing again.
  • ejz6837ejz6837 Posts: 233
    Love this ride, especially with a fan blowing in my face for added effect :lol: but I too can't get the camera reset to work, enter and shift does nothing. If you have time, please fix it! Thanks!
  • Hmm starting CyberSpace_DK2_v1_DirectToRift.exe does nothing. Seems it requires extended mode to work. This is some puke evoking stuff ! damn had to exit after few swings.
  • paulg100paulg100 Posts: 5
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    well i gotta say, i had the DK1 since june2013, and now DK2.

Tried pretty much everything over that time and never really got motion sick at all..... until now.

This is freaking intense, only got half way through and had to get it off.

be warned :)

not sure if this is the best thing to put first timers in tbh, its a bit tooo much
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    ejz6837 wrote:
    Love this ride, especially with a fan blowing in my face for added effect :lol: but I too can't get the camera reset to work, enter and shift does nothing. If you have time, please fix it! Thanks!

Hmm... it works, but it doesnt when you have caps lock on.. guess that was your problem..
  • rtweedrtweed Posts: 58
    So, I just had one of those weird VR moments. I've been running this once or twice a day since I got my DK2 as a way to get used to the VR sickness.

So I'm doing that just now and a cooking timer goes off in the kitchen. For some reason, my brain thinks "crap, I've got to go deal with that but I can't get out now because I'm all the way up here..." took me a second to remember I can just take the Rift off.
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Haha nice, some people dont get sick at all with this. Some experience rollercoaster sickness which Is a bit different than motion sickness.. Some both :) But yes, its really a matter of getting used to.. When I first had my DK1 I was getting sick very fast, even with slow moving things. But now, no problem..

So If someone gets sick on funfair rides it isnt the best thing to show to first timers. Go for Chilling Space ;)
  • jamesh2263jamesh2263 Posts: 150
    Wow didnt want to try this on my dk1 but got the dk2 today after about 3 hours trying to set it up your demo was my go to demo

lol crazy good loved the feeling i had going so high and then the few seconds of hanging in limbo wondering which way it was going to drop definitly getting all my mates on this soon

thank you
  • ejz6837ejz6837 Posts: 233
    Dreymo wrote:
    ejz6837 wrote:

Hmm... it works, but it doesnt when you have caps lock on.. guess that was your problem..

Nope, still doesn't work and I pressed every key on the keyboard! Shift and enter work (eject from ride) as soon as the ride starts.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 2,283 Valuable Player
    edited August 2014
    Dreymo wrote:
    ejz6837 wrote:

Nope, no CAPS LOCK and no camera reset function here. Both Shift and Enter work for ejecting from the ride, but they don't reset my camera when used in combination. I usually start behind the virtual body staring at his back, so I move my camera closer and lower to get myself to the right position.

I'm using the Direct to Rift version, in Direct Mode if that makes a difference. I'll try the other version/mode combinations later today to see if it works that way.

Still, great demo!

EDIT: I tried both versions with the Rift in Extended mode, couldn't reset my camera in either.
    i7 5820K 4.25 GHz | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair LPX 32GB DDR4 3000 | Corsair Hydro H100i | Corsair HX750
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1 TB | Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3TB
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Ahh.. Now I know what you mean.. Will have a look at this!
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Okay I have added a recenter function, recenters every time when you press ENTER while lying on the ground or when the ride is in start position. Quality dialog is also back ;)
  • treschtresch Posts: 76
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    Where can we download the new version? the download link on your side is 404ing :(
    VRJam game: GravWing Racing! viewtopic.php?f=51&t=3480