i'm glad I have finished this. Think it turned out quite enjoying 🙂

Update 08/02:
- DK2 ready
- Recenter
- Show FPS (F key)
- Disabled mirror mode, much faster in direct mode

Update 08/10:

- Press L to lock the seat from rotating
- New music tracks, choose with 1/2/3/4 keys (electro swing/funk/drum and bass/westcoast g funk)

Download at http://www.riftaway.com

Eject feature:

87 REPLIES 87

ash55
Explorer
I've never felt very affected by any rift coasters before, but for whatever reason this particular ride made me feel like I was on it and lose my balance. I'm a little bit dizzy after turning it off, so good job.

tommosaur
Protege
This demo was the only one so far for me where i got a seriously shaky stomach from, so if that was your goal, well done 😃

I personally would like such rides way more though if they were connected to a system where it moves the player around the same way as fitting to what one sees. The part that the eyes tell my brain "crazy motion going on" while the motion/balance sensing parts in my ears tell the brain "couch potato mode", yeah, that is a little too heavy for me 😃

On technical level very well done though, no matter if its too heavy for my stomach or not 😃

dolomite
Honored Guest
Holy crap....alright you got my attention :shock: !!!!!!

Ok i definitely felt this one!!!!! It actually made me feel kinda queasy with the surrealness of this ride :). Its like the same feeling i got since i tried out that Rift Coaster for the first time, but this one actually made me nervous :). Good job on this one!!!

However, its kinda nasty that if you look down enough towards your shoulders you can see the insides of your neck...which apparently you are already decapitated :oops:. Can use some more polish since the trees were actually floating off the ground when i detached and fell gloriously to my death.

Also, whats up with that one dancing dude :lol: ?

DC1973
Honored Guest
Brilliant demo - first one so far to get my stomach turning and my head spinning a bit!

Xerion
Explorer
And here I thought I got over any rift sickness 😉 Awesome ride! 😛

Ashok
Explorer
Wow, thank you for making this. Love this demo! I'm pretty much immune to motion sickness, VR doesn't bother me at all. But this dropped my VR legs from 100.0% down to about 90.0%, well done sir. :lol:

Anonymous
Not applicable
love it

theregoes2
Protege
Right now all I have is a home made HMD that I put my phone into, but I watch the video for this game over and over again. Even in my comparably crappy headset with a terrible field of view and without any head tracking, this game gives me the willies. I love that you added an eject feature and I can't wait to try the game when my DK2 gets to me.
Ordered: June 4th Status: Strapped to my ugly mug ON, Canada

Dreymo
Explorer
Updated to the latest SDK, seems to work fine.. the only problem is when I restart the direct.exe it starts tearing like hell. Have to reboot to fix this. Anyone know what the problem could be?