Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Endless Reach

Soverance
Honored Guest

Download the FREE BETA on the Official Website

THIS GAME HAS BEEN UPDATED TO v2.4
Check the website to download the update, or scroll further into the thread for 2.3 update notes.

[UPDATE NOTES]

These features and fixes have been implemented for 2.2:

• Updates to Oculus SDK 0.4.1

• Level 2 – The Celestial Plains is now able to be unlocked.

• Universal online leaderboards have been introduced. View the leaderboards outside the game on the official website. Leaderboards are separated by individual level. You will be prompted to enter your name if your score surpasses one of the universal high scores. Entering names must currently be done with a keyboard.

• When starting the game, a Soverance splash screen now prefaces the title screen, during which the HMD orientation is automatically reset

• Screenshots can now be captured during gameplay by pressing the Left Stick (L3). This is an experimental feature, and is resource intensive. Using it will cause a momentary pause in frame rate. Additionally, only one screenshot may be saved, and all successive screenshots will overwrite the previous one. Future updates will allow for multiple saved screenshots.

• Cameras now fade during level loads

• The game can now be paused by pressing the “Start” button at any time during gameplay. You can restart the level, or exit back to the main menu from the pause menu. Hit “Start” again to unpause the game and resume play.

• A new model for the player’s starting drone has replaced the placeholder model using in version 2.1. This new drone is currently known as the Mark I.

• All firing rates have been slightly increased, and bullet collision has been improved.

• Fixed a bug where the player could still overload after defeating the boss, causing both a complete and failure status screen to appear, as well as a constant and unstoppable controller vibration.

[KNOWN BUGS]

• All sound effects are still super rough.

• Status screen does not recenter properly when returning from viewing a Leaderboard

• Targeting reticles on Boss 01 – Aern appear in the incorrect positions. They are centered instead of around Left/Right engines

• While Boss 02 – Celestial Archon’s head can be targeted with homing missiles, no reticle appears. It’s actually there, it’s just too small for his giant head

I hope you enjoy the 2.2 version update of Endless Reach! As always, be sure to provide me with any feedback you may have here in the comments or on the game's official subreddit.
If you enjoyed the beta demo, be sure to vote on our Steam Greenlight page, or give a rating on Oculus Share. You can also follow me on Twitter @Soverance.
Shmups in VR? Yes, please! Endless Reach Beta demo now available at endlessreach.soverance.com
21 REPLIES 21

Soverance
Honored Guest
"CountFloyd" wrote:
The fix for crashing (for me at least) was applying the old Unity trick:
Hold Ctrl while opening the .exe and change quality from Fastest to Good. After that, no more crashes for me.

Ok awesome, glad you got it working! Now that 4.3.1 is out, I'm going to work tonite to push a new build that will also incorporate some type of fix for that... maybe have it default to a different quality setting. Thanks for the feedback.
Shmups in VR? Yes, please! Endless Reach Beta demo now available at endlessreach.soverance.com

Soverance
Honored Guest
Here we go, got a new update for everyone to try!

http://www.soverance.com/endless-reach-2-4-1/

So, in addition to the updates that came with the last version update, here’s what you’ll find available in version 2.4.1:

• Updates to Oculus SDK 0.4.3.1

• Now uses DirectX 11 by default.
    If you experience issues, DirectX 9 can be forced by creating a shortcut to “EndlessReach_DirectToRift.exe” and adding the “-force-d3d9″ parameter without quotes to the shortcut’s target path.

• Quality Settings now default to “Good“.
    Quality Settings can be changed when launching the game by holding CTRL while double-clicking the “EndlessReach_DirectToRift.exe”.

RECOMMENDED RIFT DISPLAY MODE SETTINGS

• Direct HMD Access from Apps [YES]

• DK1 Legacy App Support [NO]