cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear APKs saying my AT&T Note 4 needs an Update

ReverendKyle
Honored Guest
I pushed the software from the Gear VR SDK onto my Note 4.

It is telling me that I need an update before the Gear VR software can run. I am running stock Android 4.4.4 on an AT&T Note 4.

Is this correct? Do I need an update to even try the apks?
Have you listened to the Rev VR Podcast yet? Listen and subscribe through iTunes or through Stitcher http://www.reverendkyle.com
31 REPLIES 31

Jotokutora
Adventurer
I think they will do it that way to region lock

HaitoH3
Honored Guest
Just a additional note, Tmobile Galaxy Note 4 is seeing the same thing as well, phone is updated to the lastest 4.4.4 Kit Kat, also note that Android Lollipop is scheduled to be released soon, this may or may not throw things off as well

cleoag
Honored Guest
My note4 just updated to something from Samsung and then when i run oculus sample from sdk, it show GearVR setup screen and succesfully install all stuff (Oculus home, video etc...)

update: looks like they installed, but now it show 'Insert your device into your Gear VR', so SDK still not usable without headset.

pittsburghjoe
Protege
"cleoag" wrote:
My note4 just updated to something from Samsung and then when i run oculus sample from sdk, it show GearVR setup screen and succesfully install all stuff (Oculus home, video etc...)

update: looks like they installed, but now it show 'Insert your device into your Gear VR', so SDK still not usable without headset.

that's big news! what service provider do you have??
i7 skylake, EVGA Classified, 2 EVGA 980 sc's, Thermaltake TR2 RX(1000W), 32GB DDR4, Win 10 on an SSD

cleoag
Honored Guest
"pittsburghjoe" wrote:
"cleoag" wrote:

that's big news! what service provider do you have??

i dont think it linked to service provider, because i'm in Russia )

pittsburghjoe
Protege
can you tell us what version of android you are now running?

5.0 Lollipop · 4.4 KitKat · 4.3 Jelly Bean?
i7 skylake, EVGA Classified, 2 EVGA 980 sc's, Thermaltake TR2 RX(1000W), 32GB DDR4, Win 10 on an SSD

cleoag
Honored Guest
"pittsburghjoe" wrote:
can you tell us what version of android you are now running?

5.0 Lollipop · 4.4 KitKat · 4.3 Jelly Bean?

pittsburghjoe
Protege
beautiful, thank you :mrgreen:

cleoag
Honored Guest

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here are all the different build models and firmware numbers (not sure if it's up-to-date):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/general/galaxy-note-4-versions-cpu-t2883741