cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear APKs saying my AT&T Note 4 needs an Update

ReverendKyle
Honored Guest
I pushed the software from the Gear VR SDK onto my Note 4.

It is telling me that I need an update before the Gear VR software can run. I am running stock Android 4.4.4 on an AT&T Note 4.

Is this correct? Do I need an update to even try the apks?
Have you listened to the Rev VR Podcast yet? Listen and subscribe through iTunes or through Stitcher http://www.reverendkyle.com
31 REPLIES 31

Lann
Explorer
Those Japanese model numbers are actually the Note Edge.

g8orballboy
Explorer
So like I said... Samsung pushed out the update now... which means AT&T, Verizon (and maybe T-mobile though I don't think they're nearly as bad) will have to wait another what... 3, 4 months before getting this update??? Can someone from oculus confirm that this is the plan and that 80% of the potential buyers for the "US Only" release will not even be able to use the thing?? I'm still waiting on the update Samsung pushed out the day after the Note 4 was released that fixed the battery life! I'm very much looking forward to Gear VR and its why I bought the Note 4, but its looking more and more like its usage is in AT&T's hands and I'll be waiting MANY months... 😞

seatedmech
Explorer
I'm on T-Mobile and I got the update.

Did you make sure to enable Developer options?

I'm not certain, but the update might not be available unless you've done that.

Developer options may be hidden by default. If so, you can expose these options with the following steps:
1. Go to Home ­> All Apps ­> Settings ­> System ­> About device.
2. Scroll down to Build number.
3. Press Build number 7 times.
You should be informed that Developer options has been enabled.

g8orballboy
Explorer
T-mobile is the only carrier who's pushed the update. They always push updates out asap...it's AT&T and Verizon who have to add all their bloat...and they take MONTHS to do so.

pittsburghjoe
Protege
This might be your answer G8orballboy (Kies 3) http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00059171/81102
i7 skylake, EVGA Classified, 2 EVGA 980 sc's, Thermaltake TR2 RX(1000W), 32GB DDR4, Win 10 on an SSD

g8orballboy
Explorer
"pittsburghjoe" wrote:
This might be your answer G8orballboy (Kies 3) http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00059171/81102

Thanks, but this didn't work. Said I already had the latest firmware "4.4.4 Baseband: N910AUCU1ANIE"... This is something we'll just have to wait for the carriers to push... that or i may end up having to root my device (really didn't want to void my warranty).

HomerS66
Expert Protege
"g8orballboy" wrote:

Thanks, but this didn't work. Said I already had the latest firmware "4.4.4 Baseband: N910AUCU1ANIE"... This is something we'll just have to wait for the carriers to push... that or i may end up having to root my device (really didn't want to void my warranty).

When i'm not mistaken then you won't lose your warranty if the Knox counter isn't triggered and this counter usually isn't triggered when you flash an official Stock Rom from Samsung.

misterj
Honored Guest
Hello guys,

We have the same problem installing that apk, we are prompt to install updates and when doing so it said that the soft is up to date.

Did you manage to make it work finally?

We have those specifications and are kind of lost about knowing if it supposed to work on our Note4 model since we did all we can.

Model number : SM-N910F
Android version : 4.4.4
Baseband version : N910FXXU1ANJ4
Kernel version : 3.10.0-2796909
dpi@SWDD5515 #1
Build number : KTU84P.N910FXXU1ANJ4

Do you think switching from a carrier rom to a stock rom might change things?
And is that app supposed to be working in Europe?

Thanks for your interest.

gtakahas
Honored Guest
I have a Note 4 with AT&T and I had the same issue.
Turned to developer mode and tried again 24 hours later, and now its downloading a 223MB update!!!!

Not sure if this has anything to do with the developer mode or if the update just got pushed to AT&T, either way it looks promising! I think I Still wont be able to run anything without the GearVR device, but its a step in the right direction.

===UPDATE===

I just installed everything and can confirm it went through! It now has everything I need except the GearVR device... now to figure out if I can work around not having the device yet.

HaitoH3
Honored Guest
Got the update over the weekend and now seeing the Oculus Store on t-mobile Galaxy Note 4