cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GZ3Doom [Updated for SDK 1.3] Doom1/2/Heretic/Hexen

Anonymous
Not applicable
I created a mod of gzdoom that supports Oculus Rift, and other stereoscopic 3D modes. Check it out:

http://rotatingpenguin.com/gz3doom/
(Download, source code, documentation etc.)

233 REPLIES 233

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Trisk" wrote:
OK, if I missed the memo and this is incredibly stupid of me, I apologize. I finally figured out how to get this and several other games which wouldn't start in Rift DK2 working: I opened the Oculus Configurator window. With that window up, the camera light comes on, and the game starts in VR with no issues. Is this something I should have known to do? Other games like Town of Light are the same way, and I've been bashing my head against the wall trying to understand why they won't work, even wondering if my computer, which tested both Oculus and Vive ready, was not going to work. Other games work fine, however.

But all I have to do is open the Configurator? Huh. Does anybody else have this? Is this something everybody knows and I'm just a doofus? I can't recall ever being instructed to do this...

This is interesting. Thank you Trisk for continuing to investigate this. It sounds like GZ3Doom is failing to fully initialize the headset or something, if opening the Configuration Utility is required.

In fact I probably usually have the Configuration Utility open when I am developing GZ3Doom. So it would be easy for me to miss a problem like this.

I'm pleased you at long last found a workaround, and a clue to the problem, so you can go back to enjoying rifty doomy goodness.

Trisk
Protege
"cmbruns" wrote:

This is interesting. Thank you Trisk for continuing to investigate this. It sounds like GZ3Doom is failing to fully initialize the headset or something, if opening the Configuration Utility is required.

In fact I probably usually have the Configuration Utility open when I am developing GZ3Doom. So it would be easy for me to miss a problem like this.

I'm pleased you at long last found a workaround, and a clue to the problem, so you can go back to enjoying rifty doomy goodness.

I emailed you about it several times, listing all I'd tried and specs on the computer, but was ignored...
Alienware 17 R3 w/ 2160p monitor Core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, Boost @ 3.5GHz 16GB RAM, 64 bit Win10 Nvidia GeForce 980ti DK1, DK2, CV1 order w/in 30 sec. of sale. Vive order w/ in 5 min. of sale. PSVR soon. Fanatec Clubsport V2 wheel, pedals and shifter

RABID
Expert Protege
any chance of getting this updated as it is now broken with the new 1.3 runtime?

Anonymous
Not applicable

RABID said:

any chance of getting this updated as it is now broken with the new 1.3 runtime?

I just installed the 1.3 SDK about an hour ago. You probably remember that it usually takes me a while to update GZ3Doom for a new SDK, and this time will be no exception (especially if my HTC Vive arrives sooner than my Oculus Rift CV1). Remember that in the past I have diligently upgraded from SDK 0.2 to 0.3 to 0.4 to 0.7 to 0.8, and I will likely get to 1.3 as well. So maybe May or June if nothing goes horribly wrong?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it wrong to say that makes me sad, if only because of how awesome your port is? It's one of the first bittersweet thoughts I had when installing 1.3 today.

RABID
Expert Protege

cmbruns said:

RABID said:

I just installed the 1.3 SDK about an hour ago. You probably remember that it usually takes me a while to update GZ3Doom for a new SDK, and this time will be no exception (especially if my HTC Vive arrives sooner than my Oculus Rift CV1). Remember that in the past I have diligently upgraded from SDK 0.2 to 0.3 to 0.4 to 0.7 to 0.8, and I will likely get to 1.3 as well. So maybe May or June if nothing goes horribly wrong?

thank you! this is one of my all time favorite games and with brutal doom its the one i play the most. 😄

acb5544
Honored Guest

cmbruns said:

RABID said:

Awesome, I'll be looking forward to it!

RABID
Expert Protege

Is it wrong to say that makes me sad, if only because of how awesome your port is? It's one of the first bittersweet thoughts I had when installing 1.3 today.

i actually played a few last levels with the DK2 before installing the new rift because of this...lol

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good news! My HTC Vive order just got cancelled by the Keystone Kops at HTC. So the chances of my CV1 arriving before my Vive has increased slightly. And thus the chances I would keep my focus on the Rift has increased.

RABID
Expert Protege

cmbruns said:

Good news! My HTC Vive order just got cancelled by the Keystone Kops at HTC. So the chances of my CV1 arriving before my Vive has increased slightly. And thus the chances I would keep my focus on the Rift has increased.

sorry to hear about your canceled order but REALLY glad to hear about rift focus. think you will look into motion control aiming eventually?