cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kairo - Full game on Steam with Rift support

perrin
Honored Guest
Hi folks,

I've just added what I'd probably call experimental level support of the Occulus Rift to my game Kairo. I've just released a patch so anyone with the Steam version of the game will be able to activate Rift support from the settings menus.

I've not yet recompiled the demo versions of the game with this support in, but I'll get that done in the next couple of days. So everyone will be able to try it out without having to buy the game.

I put a fair amount of time into getting this working, an especially large amount of time rebuilding how my GUI was done, but I don't really consider it complete yet. However a lot of people had been wanting to try it out so I figured I'd release it as it stands now and take feedback to make improvements.

[edit: Rift support is currently only available for the PC and Mac versions of the game]

Steam Link: Kairo

Screenshots:

83 REPLIES 83

VRoom
Honored Guest
O man! This news just made my day, thank you!
I was playing the demo some time ago and loved it! After hearing about possible oculus support I decided to wait before playing the full game. Since my rift is just about to arrive (finally), I couldn't wish for better timing 😄
I'm off to Steam to buy the full version 🙂

MrGeddings
Explorer
wow that actually looks like a game that can be fun in the Rift.. might go ahead and get it, only 5 bucks cant go wrong with that :-). oh you should also post a link on Reddit. I think any game that lets you explore and is a big focus on that would be awesome for the Rift :-). great to see some more such games work with it.

Lark
Protege
Bought, pretty interesting spaces to be in.

MrGeddings
Explorer
ok phew got headtracking to work right at first thought it had no headtracking but had tridef3d installed with the oculus support so i had to remove that first 🙂 looks cool though are you using unity? if you are and you are using deffered rendering you might need to switch to foward rendering for the lighting as it seems to make the scenes look a little worse in the Rift. 😛 but other then that pretty cool!

Frito
Explorer
Nice!

Hows the framerate with sbs?
Backer "Have faith." -Palmer Luckey

edulinares
Honored Guest
What a pleasant surprise....I have this game on steam for a couple of months, but haven't played it yet. Now I got some nice incentive to do it 🙂

LordJuanlo
Protege
There is a typo at the game config: you typed "Occulus Rift", but it's "Oculus Rift" with just 1 "C"
Comunidad española de RV / Spanish VR Community

Walky
Explorer
Please let us know when the Rift-ready demo is up.
I'm looking forward to this 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sold and sold! I spotted your game a while back and immediately added it to my to-play list, but Oculus support moves it right to the top of the queue. It looks gorgeous and I can't wait to check it out.