cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Get Logs For Bug Reports for Consumer Rift (1.3+)

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you are experiencing issues either installing or using the consumer Rift hardware or software package (1.3 or newer), then please be sure to provide the following logs when reporting the issue.

If your issue is with the setup installer, either having errors or not completing, do these steps.

Open a File Explorer window and paste this in the URL field:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\
Then look for "OculusSetup.log" and upload it to your post. Please do *not* just copy/paste the text into the post area, as this becomes difficult to read. This folder may be hidden. Make sure you go into the Folder Options and choose Show Hidden Files and Folders first.

If you are having any other sort of problem after the installation, do the following.

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file to your post.

Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
202 REPLIES 202

PIXELATED
Adventurer
Quick update... after an email from support on Saturday they have emailed me a 'return postage label' today Sunday!  So it would seem that the staff are working at the weekend to sort things out (-:
I hope the turn around to receive a brand new replacement is as swift - please don't send someone elses refurb. A new unit which doesn't get hot and disconnect will be greatly appreciated.

Added content:
bottom of this first page explains what i had to do to get support to love me (-:
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/419552/#Comment_419552

Sincerely good luck everyone.. and if you have problems with your Rift be sure to mention your PC's spec in your post if you want help from other folk here on the forum - there are so many people here who want to help you properly without condescending. Just spend a little time researching your problem before posting. 
Win 10 Pro, GTX 1080, Asus Z170 Deluxe, Nvidia 391.35

Volksheld
Protege
Hello to all .
@PIXELATED I have the same {WARNING} [HW:Health] Hardware health is BAD. in my Service text .

and also i can´t find the OculusLogGatherer.exe . I search all twice .
(i dont have an Oculus folder inside C:\Program Files (x86) .)

Also under User/Appdata/Local/oculus --> No OculusLogGatherer.exe
I am usind Windows10 64Bit .
Maybe Oculus changing something
My Support Ticket is open and i hope they will change my Rift too soon .
It is frustrating to have an 700€ Device and i could try only for Minutes before it loose the HDMI connection.
I worry it will take Weeks again to get a new Rift .

PIXELATED
Adventurer

Volksheld said:
and also i can´t find the OculusLogGatherer.exe . I search all twice .
(i dont have an Oculus folder inside C:\Program Files (x86)
it's not in my x86 folder on Win10 pro 64bit too
It's here:
ThisPC/Local Disk (C:)/Program Files/Oculus/Support/oculus-diagnostics/OculusLogGatherer.exe

Volksheld
Protege
@PIXELATED    I found it ..but it is on another Harddrive .It depends on which drive you choose to install the Oculus Sottware at first time 🙂   shame on me and thank you for your help .

PIXELATED
Adventurer
Hi everyone.. + @Volkshed

TLDR = my story is in my posts on this forum - search for 'PIXELATED'

In retrospect I consider myself very fortunate to have been able to 'deal' with support (outside this forum) providing them with all the specs of my self built computer (after six months research & wait for the rift to arrive) and emailing log files to 'support' and spending money on new pci cards that run apparently different chips to counter my motherboards inadequacies! (Asus z170 deluxe) plus again swapping/changing usb ports till my fingertips were raw plus having to read the advice of self (overconfident) confessed experts that suggested plugging the cable back in or quite frankly didn't have a clue. oh and re-installing windoze 10 pro just to be sure... yup i did that!

If your brain is still alive and you have a pulse and you can work through a few probs (without raging) and can outline (calmly) those issues found in these forum pages and submit everything 'they' ask for and if you still don't get results.. go for 'i'm going to claim back on credit card / paypal etc - it will speed your responce up.   It took me 2 weeks from sending mine back to receiving a brand new one - Luckey me! - two weeks too long but I reside in the UK and that sort of service happens in a day over here so I expected similar... nah chance for this product.  And anyone who tells you have to have patience (while being a patient) give em some slack for two days max then do what you have to do. This is a consumer product.

With regard to the mods here... they're here to help, but they're not the guys n gals on the repair/replace button - give em some respect..

Once you've got through 'is your rift plugged in to a certified computer' and ' have you wiggled the hmd plug' and have you checked your pulse you are ready to go on to the next level with 'support'... and that is someone you can actually talk to about your issue. Send emails to support everyday till you get a real person responding - Sophie was my helper - all hail Sophie, we are not worthy of your... everything (-:

Mine was hardware - yours could be software - but rest assured that once you actually get to communicate with someone from support who isn't reading scripted responses or from a chart of popular moans then you are 'IN '

Be respectful at that stage (despite temptation) and your CV1 will magically function through complex instruction or merely magically appear on your doorstep (once you've sent it back RMA) when you least expect it - lets hope someone is in to sign for it !

<good luck everyone>

Commiserations to the few that have had issues and 'expletives' to all those that can't empathise - your time will come (-:

BAADC0DE
Honored Guest
Windows 10 Beta won't start in VR mode.  I get 'Failure to launch Minecraft' then it boots me back to the Oculus Store.

It runs fine when I launch it from the XBox app.  It is also fully licensed.
It is not a locale issue.

Attached are the requested log files.

allie36
Honored Guest
Here is my logs I think for The assembly game that is not working all other games have been working so far.   I hope this is the logs you need.  Oculus can you tell me how to fix this now?

cybereality
Grand Champion
We're looking into the issue now. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

martinkyhl77
Honored Guest
Please help, this has been a issue since day one

Korgeneral
Honored Guest
hello i buy oculus rift cv1 but cant install in windows 8.1 say antivirus blocked and my computer dont have antivirus