cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Setup Can't Connect [FIX]

Balactivis
Honored Guest
I was having problems for the past few days installing the OculusSetup.exe, as every time I got past the licensing agreement I was met with "Can't Connect. Looks like we can't reach the Oculus server. Please check your connection."
If you are having this issue, check for the log under,  %Appdata%/oculus/oculussetup.log. I learned that the runtime has to be uninstalled before you can install the home setup, and there has to be enough room on your C:\ drive or it will give you this error as well. Hope this helps someone.
35 REPLIES 35

Rutger
Honored Guest

I was having problems for the past few days installing the OculusSetup.exe, as every time I got past the licensing agreement I was met with "Can't Connect. Looks like we can't reach the Oculus server. Please check your connection."
If you are having this issue, check for the log under,  %Appdata%/oculus/oculussetup.log. I learned that the runtime has to be uninstalled before you can install the home setup, and there has to be enough room on your C:\ drive or it will give you this error as well. Hope this helps someone.

I signed in just to say thanks a lot!! My C:\ drive was too full, and the old runtime had to be uninstalled! 🙂 Thanks for posting this!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have exact same problem, but there is no Oculus in the %Appdata% folder. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

arwenlwc
Explorer
I am  having the same problem as Florelit, any suggestion is appreciated!

NoFear5060
Honored Guest
Same issue for me, some help from oculus team should be nice...

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am  having the same problem as Florelit, any suggestion is appreciated! plz help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Florelit said:

I have exact same problem, but there is no Oculus in the %Appdata% folder. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have the same problem as you two days ago as an achievement fix it?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please upload the Oculus setup log:
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
same issue

jpwjpw
Explorer
Here you go. Log uploaded.