cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Rift Sensor Driver not found

Neotribal
Explorer
I had a problem yesterday that I ended up fixing on my own... decided to post and share my solution in case anyone else can benefit from it (problem stemmed from a botched uninstall.... power outage).

My rift sensor was being reported as "Not detected" within the Oculus App. Device manager was reporting that it was unable to find the driver. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Oculus Software had no effect. I found a folder located in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\Oculus\ that contained "OculusRiftSensorDriver.msi", but running the installer had no effect on my problem. Here's what worked:

Unpacked the .MSI contents using 7zip and renamed the files as follows:
  • OCULUSCAT > OCUSBVID.CAT
  • OCULUSINF > OCULUSINF.INF
  • OCUSBVID109 > OCUSBVID109.SYS
  • OCUSBVID111 > OCUSBVID111.SYS
Right-clicked OCULUSINF.INF, clicked "Install", driver installed successfully, fixed.

B) 

59 REPLIES 59

carrotnose21
Honored Guest
I dont do this very often but Ive had a similiar issue that I just couldnt install even after troubleshooting for 2 whole days straight and I just wanted to say thank you so much, this solved my issue.

I didnt do exactly what you did (I just dragged the sensor driver program to the desktop and run it) but it seemed to work and I couldnt be more thankful.

Thank you for your help.

nakedeyes
Honored Guest
+++111 Holy shit! You are awesome dude. My Rift was working 100% until today ( 9/14/16 ) when it prompted me to do a firmware update. After the Oculus storefront/app reset, the sensor ceased to be detected! I tried rebooting, attempting to rerun any official Oculus setup ( what a joke! Why would the setup not attempt to reinstall drivers even if a device is not "detected" [ read: still in detected by Windows as "CV1 External Camera", just with horked drivers] ).

Then I attempted to install the drivers manually, by opening Device Manager, finding "CV1 External Camera" ( which was in "Other Devices" and not the camera section or whatever ), and pointing it at the folder: C:\Program Files\Oculus VR Runtime Drivers\Drivers\Rift Sensor .. Which SEEMS to have the exact same files as your fix.. but I guess not as Windows complains about not being able to find those. 

None of that worked!! Until I used your fix and went to that AppData file and extracted the .msi as you suggested and the .inf that came from there installed just fine and my Rift Sensor was immediately detected and working again! Thanks sooo much!

luggertown
Honored Guest
Thank you. I hope Oculus can take a look at this and patch in a fix.

lord_ashtar
Explorer
When I try to do this 7zip tells me the files are read only. Can you help?

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Try downloading Winrar and see if it says the same on extraction?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

lord_ashtar
Explorer
I'm viewing the contents in winrar but can't seem to find a way to rename the files. I can extract them and rename them but don't know how to get them back into the msi file.

lord_ashtar
Explorer
well it looks like oculus just released a firmware update! lol

Techy111
MVP
MVP
All sorted then ? 🙂
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

tax
Honored Guest
It worked for me as well.