cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tilted view

kingschiebi
Protege
Hi,

I notice that the default view plane within the CV1 is tilted to the left for me, as if there was a sensor reporting gravitational force wrong. The angle seems small, but still noticeable even in the default menu where the horizon line does not match up with the real world horizon.

I looked at some of the logs, but did not find anything indicating an error. Also unplugged the headset, plugged it into different ports on the other GPU, switched USB and reinstalled the software as well as recalibrated it.
Also tried moving the sensor camera around, but that does not seem to impact the horizon line rotation.

Maybe I am going crazy, but I am certain that the tilt was not present after the first setup.
Is there a way to do a full reset of the headset and/or force a firmware update or any other troubleshooting option that I may have missed?

Thanks!
160 REPLIES 160

almarm74
Explorer
So this is an issue from the first units that still success with the last sale units... Great for Oculus... ¬_¬

SauSack
Protege
....looks like I can´t make my point of view clear to the support too. Although they answer in interested and polite way, they need (?) a photo of my problem -> the tilted view. Thats really annoying ´cos I have no idea how to take a snapshot of my "tilted" rift which will make sense.
Every taken photo is not sharp enough nor does it show the approx. 2° tilt like I see it while wearing the headset.
So no tool for me at all 😕
Looks like I have stay with my head tilted to the left every time  .......

alexchang734
Explorer
I have this issue as well. Very very minor, but I would like it fixed

dazzlerellis
Protege
I have the tool but it errors saying riftdisplay.inf not installed in windows 10? Only other thread I've found said reinstall windows which I don't fancy doing.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got my rift yesterday and ofc I have the "left tilt" problem as well. There's like a permanent 5% degree tilt to everything! Been in touch with support and hopefully they will provide me with the tool that can fix it. I can't stand having my world tilted 😞 😞 😞 

I don't understand why there's no a manual offset in the settings? It would so easily fix this! 

Back to using my Gear VR which never seemed to have this problem...

w65qtoza1q5i.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I saw that thread, thanks. My only problem is the "do it at your own risk" part. I have a brand new 700 euro device and I don't want to throw the dice and ruin my warantee by using this program without proper permissions.

It's sad but until I hear back from support my new Rift is basically a useless brick.

Articate
Explorer
I felt the same way. I have to say that it's at your own risk, because I can't guarantee that it is the right thing for your situation. However, I made the same judgement call, and I found it to be safe for the 700€ device I too have. Worked wonders. It's really only a tool to calibrate the IMU, so I figured it can do little harm. I'm really happy I found it, since it fixed mine right away. I just think it's important to say that I can't guarantee that it'll be the right thing to do, mostly because I don't want people to say I have some part in anything not going as planned.

This is likely the tool you'll end up with after some rounds with support. You could ask them if using the tool is safe.

elboffor
Consultant
You can download the tool off the oculus main site. No need to get it off support anymore.
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Articate
Explorer
Where?