cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips and Tricks: The Basics

HVS_Claire
Heroic Explorer

The Dev Team has compiled a list of 10 Tips and Tricks to elevate your Dragon Front skills. Add your own tips and tricks in the comments below or join us on the Discord Chat to swap tips in real time.

1. Start with your mana strategy.

At the start of your turn, you gain 1 mana, plus another for each unit you have in your spawn row. There are exceptions to every rule, but for the most part, If you move a unit from your spawn row, that unit does not generate more mana for you until it is destroyed. Have a way to generate mana independent of your spawn row, so even if your plan A fails, you can still rally some troops.

2. The best battles are strategic.

Dragon Front requires a fine balance between offense and defense. If you start running across the battlefield as soon as a unit is available, you will lose your mana generation on the next turn. Similarly, if you keep all of your units in your spawn row too long, you risk losing the upper hand.

3. Keep at least two ways to deal direct damage in your deck.

Sometimes it turns out that a single high-strength unit can decimate an otherwise solid strategy. Keep a spell or two that deals direct damage to a unit or units in your deck for when your back is up against a wall.

4. Keep at least two ways to remove an opposing fort in your deck.

This is especially true for players that like to build specialty decks (flying unit heavy deck, for example). One annoyingly well-place fort can wreck a strategy. Keep some spells or units on hand that can clear those pesky speedbumps out.

5. Order of operations are key.

Keep in mind that play order is not set in stone. You can move, cast spells, and attack at your leisure. Use this to set up combos where you remove enemy units while minimizing the damage you take.

6. Factions are designed for different playstyles

1. Strife is a more complex faction, requiring deeper tactics with equally rewarding effects.
  2. Eclipse is all about flooding the battlefield with low cost, low health units and then reaping the benefits from their deaths.
  3. Scales focuses on firepower, defense and teamwork to overpower their opponents.
  4. Thorns is a very defensive factions, choosing to gain mana quickly and then deploy massive game-changing units into the battlefield.

7. Champions turn the tide of battle.

Base the deck around your champion’s strengths and key words. If the champ brings out lots of small units, build a deck around buffing cheap units, or swarming the enemy.

8. Statistically speaking, Curve your deck.

The deck builder UI includes a nifty card cost counter that looks like a bar chart or histogram. Having a semi- normal distribution will ensure that you have a good balance of low to high cost cards for the battle ahead.

9. New Cards, New Opportunities.

Not quite sure who you are in Terrene Gall? Try every new card you get from booster packs to test out new play styles. You can get some pretty powerful and unexpected combinations when you start adding them to a base deck!

10. Make no small plans.

Nothing in Dragon Front is set in stone, and there are exceptions to every rule. If you find yourself thinking, “I wonder what would happen if I…” then you are on the right track! It may work out, it may not. In the end, nothing risked, nothing gained.

Add your own tips and tricks in the comments below or join us on the Discord Chat to swap tips in real time.

3 REPLIES 3

SnuggleB
Honored Guest
Awesome list! I think (3. Keep at least two ways to deal direct damage in your deck.) is one of the most important tips when it comes to deck building. I would add not only should every deck include a few direct damage spells but remember to use them only when they will be extremely helpful. The longer a game goes the more likely an opponent will play something that you struggle to deal with. It's at that these times that having removal helps keep you in the game. Patience is key!

Kadish
Honored Guest
This is what I called complete package of information. Actually, I know the other information that on your list. But the others looks new to me and this would be really useful to me. So, thanks for this helpful information. 

Blaqk1
Explorer
New to the game and very valuable information, thanks for sharing