cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No HDMI connection" error message on CV1

yoinkop
Honored Guest
So, my Rift was working perfectly well for two nights and now I am getting "No HDMI connection" no matter what I do. USB is connected fine, constant orange light on the Rift. The HDMI cable is plugged in firmly at both ends. Only thing I did since it worked last was update my nvidia drivers. Please help!

Firmware is 707 / 41670b3eb7. Asus 980 strix & i7 4770

26 REPLIES 26

Synthetic
Rising Star
yep getting same problem
titan X Maxwell and DK2

just reinstalled windows and fresh drivers...... hdmi or dvi dont work for rift..... monitor does

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the same problem not long ago as well xbox pad playing up . Fixed it by rolling back windows 10 updates, believe it is related to the big update which included new changes to the start menu

Synthetic
Rising Star
dont know why the users have to troubleshoot this,,, when a company with billions of dollars should do their job

edit: solved for me

uninstalled thru programs and features nividia driver
restarted
downloaded 375.70 nividia driver
installed restarted
unpluged rift and de-powered all connections
reconnected HDMI and USB

skipped setup

rift lit up

you can pay the time into my paypal thnx

splicer12
Protege
Update: I have narrowed down that unless my computer comes up from a cold boot, I need to disable then enable my display adapter in Device Manager to get the HMD to work properly. Reinstalling the driver also does this, but using the device manager is a lot faster and less bandwidth.

funnywheeno
Honored Guest

flexy123 said:

I bet any money this is YET ANOTHER NV driver problem which can be solved by connecting a monitor via HDMI on the port where the Rift normally is, and then resetting everything in control panel. NV control panel/drivers sometimes do WEIRD things with displays on HDMI and the fact that the Rift normally doesn't have a dedicated NV control panel accessible doesn't exactly help.
I bet 90% that you can get your Rift working, plug a monitor in, bring up NV control panel and check all the settings.

This problem has been bugging me a lot, too, wondering if my Rift or my HDMI port was broken. I was also sometimes able to fix the problem by rebooting to generic GPU and then rebooting back up to my GeForce 980. I tried your solution because I've had Nvidia drivers before with my OSVR. But even though I didn't really know what you meant by "check all the settings", I plugged back my default monitor and opened NVidia Control panel, disabled GSync and then plugged my CV1 back in and it connected. Thanks flexy123 and screw you NVidia.

funnywheeno
Honored Guest

Synthetic said:

...unpluged rift and de-powered all connections...

This is where you lost me. De-power USB connections? Tried my best to follow these instructions but no luck for me. I DID wind up getting it rolling again after checking some more into the HDMI connection on the Rift side. Until now, it didn't appear to me that this connection was even something that you could unplug. And I didn't want to tug on it too hard because I was afraid of causing damage. But you can see on the inside there is this little button (CV1) in the top left corner where the cable connects. It's not really a button from what I can see, but if you carefully tug the cable you can see it loosening the connection there. I did that and pushed it back in tight and the headset worked again. At least for now.

Could it be that there are multiple problems all with the same symptoms?

rustydraft
Honored Guest
If you lose , break, or otherwise have an Oculus Rift Cable failure They wont sell you one ! My cable broke, its a pushed in pin, if you google you will see they have a lot of issues with this cord, however i picked up my rift for 500 used, so 5 months later when the hdmi plug broke Oculus pretty much said to pound sand. They will replace your cable if they decide its a defect, if you can provide the online order number , or a receipt from someplace like say best buy. if they decide its not a defect, or you lost your receipt you are screwed end of story. who sells a 600 device with a removable cable, and than decides NOT to sell the cable to customers? ill even copy paste the reply from the great folks at Oculus " Morty (Oculus Support) Jan 26, 4:55 PM PST Hi John, I understand the disappointment, but we need to be in contact with the original purchaser to verify the order details for replacement. The limited warranty that Oculus supplies with the Rift follows the original owner to the original country of purchase. The limited warranty can be found here Replacement parts may be available for sale in the future, but is not available at this time. Thank you for your understanding, Morty Oculus Support Anyone who thinks this is a brain dead move "not selling cables" please feel free to google this problem, pay close attention to the Official Oculus Rift Forums ....hahahah I now have a 500 paperweight ! 
Pay close attention to the part where he says spare parts are not available for sale at this time !