cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3nT's sketchbook

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Figured I'm hardly qualified for the "First Sculpts" thread any more and, tbh, I kinda like that being for first sculpts so I figured I might as well make my own sketchbook vanity thread like they seem to do everywhere else that 3d modelling and forums collide.

I'll post my crap in here. You guys can look at it and chuckle and hopefully start your own thread so's I don't feel like I'm the only attention whore in the place!

as4uv65urvj7.jpg

o0vb8h3zl0we.jpg

uvpzyuic3ltu.jpg

oam6w68jl539.jpg

835 REPLIES 835

XlordB
Adventurer
Ive been pondering about doing an extremely detailed scene of something which im willing to take a good long time over but im struggling for inspiration right now lol 🙂

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Myself, I'm still learning this stuff like a total noob. I don't like taking on big projects on account of if I get stuck or bogged down with something, my progression and motivation ride off into the sunset waving all their middle fingers at me.

I find most of the time I can turn out something in an hour or two that I feel happy with. I learn tons every time I do and, if it all goes to hell, I scrap it and move on to the next thing. The inspiration for this crab thing came by just jumping into the rift and scribbling in the air. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DhKiwJ9SDo

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Trying a female skull from no references. I'll check refs and tidy this up later then I'll have a male and a female one to sculpt over. Some people like sculpting from basemeshes. I prefer to start with the skull, even tho it probably takes a bit longer. It's as much a theory and practice exercise as a workflow for me. 

6y9ypqc6mh18.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Much as I'd like to, I can't sculpt interesting things all the time. If I want to build a believable VR environment I'll have to model a bunch of boring mundane stuff like doors and windows and dustbins and lampposts.

Yeah, lampposts. I can do one of those no problems

saa8j934qt0b.gif

Mapes
Protege
Did you have to go back and watch your whole sculpt for the crab creature video?

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
@Mapes Aye. Done it a couple of times now and it bores me to death so now I'm just banging on Shadowplay and jumping in for half an hour or so. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C3OrBlki-c

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
Really great elephant!

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
4prkotzakp3i.jpg
kgns661yfkyv.gif

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Quite chuffed with how this is turning out. Reckon it's just about worth chucking another couple of hours at.

v40nwrscbo1x.gif
bogzwf5sdf3b.jpg