cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medium Crash on Startup

Wuestefeld
Protege
I also wrote into other the forum.
I bought oculus mainly for the work with Medium. But it just don´t work. I spent about 15 hours trying to get it work, but no chance. Other programs like Quill work without any problems. I found a lot of other people having the same issues, that Medium just doesn´t start. Here are some of the solutions I found in the Forums:

- Disable MSI Afterburner
- Disable RivaTuner
- disable GPU Overlay apps
- get latest graphiccard driver
- Disable SLI
- reboot
- problem with ntdll.dll on win10 pro
- If you have AMD: get latest drivers
- disable integrated graphics in BIOS
- have at least one monitor attached
- enable python executables (if you have blender)
- install another system monitor
- get rid of second graphiccard
- No Cables Secondary Videocard
- No cables Motherboard Videoport
- don´t have "äöü" in your username
- run oculus as admin
- change oculus folder via registry
- if you are on network folder add the \\ (2 backslashes) in registry
- disable teamviewer
- disable f.lux
- disable splashtop
- uninstall fruityloops
- reinstall oculus
- reinstall medium

For me nothing of that worked. And I tried even moren. Maybe it doesn´t work with a cintiq? Maybe it is 3Dsmax or Photoshop.
This is realy frustrating. I was realy thrilled to work with Medium, but I also never found a program that is that hard to get to run.
I thought about buying a new computer just for Medium. But there are so many people that can´t start Medium, so the risk is to high, that it won´t run on a new pc.

I will try a few other things today and propably give the oculus back to the store tomorrow, because it simply doesn´t work..
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
What are your computer specs?

Also try open a case with Oculus support - https://tickets.oculus.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Sucks you're having issues!

Wuestefeld
Protege
Intelcore i7-5820K CPU @ 3.3 GHz
32 GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro
2x Nvidia GTX 980

(here are also Logfiles https://we.tl/q0tddSszXa)

Ah thanks for the Link to the support. I havent done that..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah if you send your logs to support it will be the best way to get it resolved 🙂

I can't see anything wrong on your side!

Knogen
Explorer
Do you have special characters in your windows user name? 
I have an "ö" and that messed up my Medium and also SteamVR.
Created another user with different name and everything worked.

Wuestefeld
Protege
@Knogen Yes I allready found that as a bug in other forums. But in my case username is "normal" without other signs..

LockingLilb
Honored Guest
@Wuestefeld
happen to have any ad-aware installed? Specifically Ad-Aware Web Companion?

Wuestefeld
Protege
@LockingLilb No that also didn´t work.. I disabled every additional browser plugin, but same as before..

Sadly the Occulus Support also couldn´t help. The suggested to "setting your GPU power settings to 'performance'" .. I allready tried that before but forgot to mention in the list. For me that also didn´t work.

I now did it the "clean" way. Reinstalled Windows. Then it worked.
Still don´t know, which other program made the crash.. If someone else also has the problem: I have installed: 3dsmax, vray, aftrereffects, reelsmart, frischluft, agisoft photoscan, xnview, firefox, up (3dprinter software)...
Right now its bad that I have to restart to another windows to use Medium.
But as I saw it the first test and it´s a realy great program. Hopefully someday it will work with my computer 🙂

ManButtMuffTurd
Honored Guest
Can someone help me with my oculus medium it does not work it crashes and i updated my drives

Wuestefeld
Protege
Finaly found a solution for my case:
Install Python (WinPython-64bit-3.4.4.1)
Then install NUMPY
(on the Python prompt type "pip install --upgrade --no deps https://github.com/numpy/numpy/master.zip" )
After that it worked for me