cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SouthernGFX Sketchbook

southerngfx
Adventurer
A couple of weeks in now and I'm loving working with Medium. Lots of things I want added but to be honest I'm happy enough learning what's there for now.  We've had stuff out and got it into ZBrush with good success. We've managed to get stuff into Mesh Labs, fix it, UV it and get it into ZBrush ready for colour printing on a J750 but nothing amazing to show there yet.

qwkoh5ig5nu3.jpg

41kw0dlmpg6t.jpg

ws72rckrwu5t.jpg
--
v1hgzu04b3ib.jpg
--

Oculus Medium Sculpting - Tethered Amalgam by Glen Southern from SouthernGFX on Vimeo.

h41017kc7irn.jpg

Oculus Medium Sculpting - Ginger Troll by Glen Southern from SouthernGFX on Vimeo.

Oculus Medium Ginger Troll test printed on a Form2
rg2rc5rauojo.jpg
6eydtnbhv81a.jpg

3yanal3phcw9.jpg
--

Oculus Medium Sculpting - Voltaic Construct by Glen Southern from SouthernGFX on Vimeo.

141 REPLIES 141

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
This is a troll thread...

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

southerngfx
Adventurer
Troll as in big green thing?

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Dude! You guys are godlike. That first one, how much system RAM on the guy's rig? 

southerngfx
Adventurer
One thing I'm struggling with is getting good turntables out. I'm ok with the internal camera and taking stills but I can't see a way to get a stable turntable. The ones I've done I've ended up quickly stabilising in AE.   The ability to take high res internal photos is great now I've see that there's an option for field-of-view. My first few were super wide angle shots.

southerngfx
Adventurer
We've only got one machine with a decent 10 series card here and that's got 32 gig in it. I've not really struggled with any models yet and the highest I've got out and opened in Meshlabs is 30million. I struggled to clean or down res that but I'm still only just scratching the surface with that workflow.

p2bvqmtj5mey.jpg

southerngfx
Adventurer
Still trying to get video links to work. Hopefully I'm good now. 

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Thanks. I'm on 16gig just now was thinking about upgrading but wasn't sure if 32 would make a difference. You just answered that question for me. Couple of new sticks just moved right up the agenda.

And, yeah, your link is fine now. 

southerngfx
Adventurer
Cheers. I think my first videos were linked incorrectly which might explain the troll comment. All sorted now it seems :0   

cybereality
Grand Champion
Those are amazing!!!
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV