Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patch Notes 1.0.4 !

naycorn
Heroic Explorer

Patch Notes 1.0.4

Welcome to Medium! 

Summary:

• Sharing links from the community site to Facebook will always have great thumbnails.

• Sculpts with many layers can load faster and use less memory overall.

• Improvements to the smooth tool functionality.

Details:

• All sculpts and screenshots shared to the Medium community site will now have preview images when their links are shared to Facebook! No more empty preview images on your timeline.

• The preview images on the community site will also no longer take a screenshot of the bounding box, but of the mesh itself – lending to a better framed and better looking preview image when sharing across channels like Facebook and Reddit.
• Layer operations will no longer leave empty blocks in the layer, therefore using less memory and allowing for more sculpting and resolution increases.

• Smooth tool is much more effective on high res sculpts: when using smooth tool at maximum size, it smooths much more aggressively. You’re now able to only fill valleys or only flatten peaks.

New Sculpts

New sculpts included in your Downloaded gallery from Brandon Gillam and Razmig Mavlian. Go check them out! 
19 REPLIES 19

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Awesome! I'll try out some of this tonight!

"The preview images on the community site will also no longer take a
screenshot of the bounding box, but of the mesh itself – lending to a
better framed and better looking preview image"

The poorly framed preview image for my Skelly sculpt has been bugging me since I uploaded the model. Thanks for fixing this!

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
" Smooth tool is much more effective on high res sculpts: when using smooth tool at maximum size, it smooths much more aggressively. You’re now able to only fill valleys or only flatten peaks"

Oh my actual god! Smooth is precisely one million and twelve times better than before. Peaks & Valleys looks awesome enough to be on it's own separate tool. Double win.

shannon
Explorer
Nice, now how about reference images inside medium?  🙂

MattHickman
Rising Star
atcy7jz6e2jz.png

Henri1970
Adventurer
Awesome

Arjuna-Lad
Expert Protege
After updating to new version, not able to increase resolution as well as before. Sometimes on first resolution increase says something like "increasing resolution caused sculpt to lose it's borders". Any thoughts?

bhsharp
Protege
@P3nT4gR4m Heh, peaks and valleys was kind of an afterthought I always wanted to play around with... the "smoothing much more effectively at high resolutions" was what I actually went in there to do. Smooth used to be basically ineffective on high-res sculpts, and now you if you max out size and hold it back a ways it chews through high res stuff.

But yeah, two things I've found peaks/valleys to be really useful for:

1. If you're smoothing thin pieces that tend to melt away, using "fill valleys" fixes that, since it won't melt anything down. Used to be really hard to smooth thin areas.

2. You can mass things out with just high points (like modeling a human head by drawing in bony landmarks) and then use "fill valleys" to flesh out (literally! Uh, figuratively) the rest.

Honestly I haven't personally used "flatten peaks" much myself, but I'm sure there's good stuff to do with it...

DeadlyJoe
Rising Star

bhsharp said:

Honestly I haven't personally used "flatten peaks" much myself, but I'm sure there's good stuff to do with it...

I'll definitely be putting the Flatten mode to work. I've already found it useful for making chiseled features that still retain an organic quality (re: armored dragons).

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Defo going to have a play about with peaks and valleys. Got some real interesting effects last night filling the cavities on fungus wall stamp. Veins and wrinkles are going to be a doddle with this. Great - that's more anatomy I need to bone up on  :s