cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch strap broke

BigTwisty
Honored Guest
2 days after receiving my new Touch controllers the strap on one fell apart.  The cord doesn't look broken at all, it seems to have just fallen out of the rubber plug that holds them in the Touch controller.  It looks like it is molded in place during manufacture, so I don't think I can just put it back in.rbnkhq9hgmx0.jpg
5 REPLIES 5

BigTwisty
Honored Guest
Posted this 8 days ago, and I'm a bit disappointed not to have received any type of response whatsoever.

Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to email support. Also I took a look at mine - should just be able to push it back in. How did it fall out? That would've taken some force.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

BigTwisty said:

Posted this 8 days ago, and I'm a bit disappointed not to have received any type of response whatsoever.

Did you raise a ticket with support?  This forum is mostly the community, not Oculus support.  You've basically posted here, "Hey, my strap broke."  And about 2 dozen people looked and thought, "Huh, yep, looks broke." Then moved on.  You haven't asked for any input, haven't asked for anything that would require any more response, just stated your strap is broken.

flexy123
Superstar
I don't want to mess with mine now, but it seems you can remove and re-plug the cord using this "rubber plug thing" there. But on your pic, it looks that something is indeed BROKEN (?), and if it is and if it's a manufacturing defect you should consider repair/RMA, *if* you cannot fix it yourself somehow. Don't know what else to tell you.

Velajuel
Honored Guest
For anyone who comes around this post or needs help. I just broke mine then, it really doesn't seem like you can put the cord back into the rubber part but all i did was put the broken cord in first then slide the rubber bit in after which jammed the cable tight enough that i could close the battery case as well as having the cord tightly connected to the controller without coming out.