cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I complete SteamVR setup with oculus + touch

mriely
Honored Guest
I'm stuck on this screen. None of the buttons on the touch controllers, the xbox one controller, or the small oculus clicker seem to be the "trigger" that will allow me to set up my room boundaries. I've set up Oculus room setup just fine but can't get past here on SteamVR. What am I doing wrong?

http://imgur.com/a/TRZrA ;
5 REPLIES 5

mriely
Honored Guest

mriely
Honored Guest
I figured it out. I had to put the headset on my face for a few seconds for no discernible reason.

AndrewJ71
Heroic Explorer

mriely said:

I figured it out. I had to put the headset on my face for a few seconds for no discernible reason.

Thanks for sharing that info.

I set up SteamVR previously (a couple of months ago when Touch first came out. But over time, the boundary walls seem to have shifted - probably as I've repositioned the sensors a little. I tried to redo the setup last night and was having the exact same problem It wasn't registering when I pressed the button on the touch controllers. I didn't have that problem originally.

SteamVR really is a buggy piece of crap. If we could just get AudioShield on Home, I could ignore its existence. 🙂

Come on, @cybereality - make it happen. 😉 That game is just so much fun and great exercise too.

DarkTenka
Trustee

AndrewJ71 said:

SteamVR really is a buggy piece of crap. If we could just get AudioShield on Home, I could ignore its existence. 🙂

Come on, @cybereality - make it happen. 😉 That game is just so much fun and great exercise too.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it's more up to the developers of Audioshield than it is the administrators of Home. (unless you have heard of them trying to get it on home and being met with resistance of some kind, which I think would be unlikely for a game like Audioshield).

AndrewJ71
Heroic Explorer
Yeah - the ball is squarely in the developer's court, I know. But Oculus can and do play a role in attracting developers to their platform.