cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everest VR: Oculus authentication failed.

sklefisch
Honored Guest
Hi,
installed Everest VR yesterday and get all the time a message at startup with: oculus authentication failed. Please ensure that you are logged in etc. (see attachment)
All other games are running fine. 

Any idea what's wrong?

kr
Stefan

nk4ucvlec7jo.png
9 REPLIES 9

Tethys1978
Honored Guest
I have the identical problem. All other apps are working fine, I am logged in, Everest VR is in my library.

Anonymous
Not applicable
same issue!

lekjart2
Explorer
Hi Solfar Dev here!

We are aware of this issue and we are working with Oculus on  narrowing it down. We have found a likely cause, but as it lies more in the Oculus runtime rather than in the EVEREST application itself, we are finding out with them what is the best way to address it.

Thanks for your patience.

lekjart2
Explorer
Good news, we probably have found a fix. The problem came up with users that have an unusually long path variable in their system environment (1K+). Some middleware we are using didn't handle that edge case correctly. We will create a patch and update the client as soon as we have tested it and made sure it runs fine. Probably in 12 hours or so if all goes well.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Thank you for the quick response.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

philklun
Honored Guest
I'm having the same problem, and I know a fix is pending for long file paths ... but I thought I would mention that "EverestVR.exe" is located in D:\Oculus\Software\Software\s-lfar-studios-everest-vr\ on my computer.  C: is my system drive (small SSD) but all my (game) software is on a slower-but-bigger spinning disk.  (just thought I'd give some more data to those trying to fix it.)  [now i've gotta figure how to get an icon for my avatar here as cool as "cyberreality"]

sklefisch
Honored Guest
@lekjart2 good to here that a fix is on the way 🙂 

lekjart2
Explorer
Fix is live and should resolve the problem. Please let us know if you encounter any further problems related to this.

Cheers!

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer
Works fine.   Thank you
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. MSI VENTUS 3 RTX 3080 OC, Primary: MSI MAG274QRF-QD 2nd monitor: Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.