cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on 1.11 tracking issues and the upcoming 1.12 release

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey all,

I wanted to give everyone an update on the next release (1.12) and where we are with improvements to Rift tracking.

Our #1 priority right now is addressing the new tracking issues some users are experiencing in 1.11 without reducing the impact of 1.11's tracking quality improvements. We’re also fixing a few new tracking-related bugs that have come in through community and support channels - thanks to those who have sent in logs. At this point, all of these tracking changes together are too significant for a hotfix, so instead our focus is getting them thoroughly tested and shipped to everyone as part of the 1.12 release ASAP.

As of today, we're still tracking toward a February release for 1.12, but we don’t have a locked date yet. That's because 1.12 is going through an expanded QA and testing process to make sure we haven't overlooked any new issues. As soon as it's ready, we'll ship it.

Related, we’re exploring the creation of an early preview program that folks would be able to opt into to receive updates ahead of an official launch. This is something we've wanted to do for awhile, but has been on the back-burner behind other features. Hopefully, this should help us gather more community feedback and testing to help catch issues like this in the future. If you're interested in participating, stay tuned - I'll have more on this in the next few weeks. 

Finally, I wanted to mention that we’re going to be rolling out a small hotfix soon related to Oculus matchmaking services to continue to improve multiplayer experiences. This won't include any of the upcoming 1.12 tracking updates – this is a much smaller, more focused fix.

Thanks so much for everyone’s patience and support on this. We'll let you know as soon as we have more.

Nate
49 REPLIES 49

Kremator
Protege
This is very good news.  I'd be up for beta testing new software, to help Oculus!

YoLolo69
Trustee

Techy111 said:

Nate who? 😉

His name is Chell, Natemit Chell

And thanks for the communication! add me for the beta testing for 3 sensors when available 🙂

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer
I agree.   Should be a beta test with users who dare to and have a dedicated beta tester feedback  thread. 
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. MSI VENTUS 3 RTX 3080 OC, Primary: MSI MAG274QRF-QD 2nd monitor: Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
Nice to be informed that's great to know keep up the good work

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
Ps. Any chance of a simple floor reset option like in steam advanced settings as is very useful @nmitchell

maxpare79
Trustee
Thx for the update @nmitchell nice to see you use the forum instead of reddit 😉
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

thatdude90210
Protege
They should automatically sign up those who submitted logs for the beta. Those are the ones who aren't represented in their current pool, otherwise these bugs would never have gotten out.  

JesseDeya
Expert Protege

nmitchell said:

Hey all,

I wanted to give everyone an update on the next release (1.12) and where we are with improvements to Rift tracking.

Our #1 priority right now is addressing the new tracking issues some users are experiencing in 1.11 without reducing the impact of 1.11's tracking quality improvements.

*snip*

Nate

This is the customer service i'm looking for! Just want to know whats going on with the product I invested in.  Thank you so much for the update 🙂 Thats all I've ever wanted

Yup, it's literally all I've been asking for too - communication. Good to see it.

danybonin
Protege
oh dear oculus god,
i pray you for that my 4 sensors tracking works great again.
amen
13900ks
nvidia rtx 4090
32GB

roadczar
Protege

danybonin said:

oh dear oculus god,
i pray you for that my 4 sensors tracking works great again.
amen

🙂 Amen.