cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arizona Sunshine

Skullsdirect
Explorer
Have to say this is my favourite VR experience so far.  Very immersive and great fun.  At times quite a scary experince with zombies that seem right in front of you!  Panic inducing when they rush and you have forgotten to reload.  Not many online players but a very enjoyable FPS experience.  Don't know his well this will translate to PSVR though as the Rift Touch controllers just feel so intuative and real.  8/10 and runs very well on a 980ti i7 setup.
42 REPLIES 42

Wildt
Consultant

I was in the in the mine yesterday, amazing, I spent a while just using the torch to light up my gun, turning it back and forth, so real.

They could do with some work on the free locomotion, I seem to keep getting stuck on things on the floor.

Otherwise what an amazing game. I'll have to play co-op soon sounds great.

Replayed about 2/3 of the game this weekend for the first time after the locomotion update, and I too got stuck quite a bit. The only way out was to physically walk a step or two in the right direction.

And something else that bothers me - the elevation adjustment based on the terrain under you has to be smoothed out. It's really distracting the way it instantly bumps you up when you step on a board or something.

And finally, there still something off with the aiming when the zombies are really close - I swear the tip of the gun was pretty much IN the geometry of a fred when I fired, and it still didn't register. Happened to my buddies playing as well.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

Luciferous
Consultant
Yes I think something is a bit amiss with accuracy of the shots. I found a lot of the issues with getting stuck were with my height. I am 6 foot 2 inches and when I ducked it let me continue. This was mainly in the mine.

Anybody else had a weird time with the sniper rifle. really awkward to use and refused to turn to shoot the people walking across the bridge.

vannagirl
Consultant
Yes close headshots need work and this sniper rifle.

Most youtube i seen skip that after 30s of trying i think it is a good guess there will be a Arizona 2
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Wildt
Consultant
Sniping has always worked fine for me.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

n3cr0-0
Adventurer
Sniper rifle seems to work alright for me besides the fact of tracking issues (I seem to just ignore them lately) the headshots seem on point for me.

Tadin
Heroic Explorer
I really find it hard to hit them when they get right next to me. Shots any further than that seem very accurate but those point blank ones i often seem to miss even with the gun right next to them.

As for the Sniper rifles, i had real issues with the first one, at the train station, it was hard to pick up / move around and also the scope was very blurry, but the 2nd rifle seemed spot on, easy to handle and had a very clear view through the sight.

Javelin396
Adventurer

kevink808 said:

I'm trying to get into this one, I really am. But I'm having a hard time of it.  It reminds me of Obduction with zombies.  I can forgive the somewhat mediocre graphics, but the aim control is really wonky.  It's frustrating to line up the sights for a head shot, only for the bullets to hit other areas of the body.  That seems to be artificial handicapping of the player's skill.  I'll give it a few more chances, but right now I'm pretty disappointed.  

turning the game on easy gives you red dot sights. i thought the aiming was wonky at first too, till i turned the difficulty down for a bit to get the hang of it. try that might help

MowTin
Expert Trustee
They updated it so now it has full locomotion, including smooth turning. The game is so much better now. It's far more fun and immersive. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

jayhawk
Superstar
Does this game feature RPG elements like upgrades over time? Like starting off with pistols but then getting shotguns and eventually auto rifles?

cybereality
Grand Champion
No, it doesn't have really any RPG elements. There are new weapons you find later in the game, like an SMG, but otherwise it's basically just an action game.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV