Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patch Notes 1.0.4 !

naycorn
Heroic Explorer

Patch Notes 1.0.4

Welcome to Medium! 

Summary:

• Sharing links from the community site to Facebook will always have great thumbnails.

• Sculpts with many layers can load faster and use less memory overall.

• Improvements to the smooth tool functionality.

Details:

• All sculpts and screenshots shared to the Medium community site will now have preview images when their links are shared to Facebook! No more empty preview images on your timeline.

• The preview images on the community site will also no longer take a screenshot of the bounding box, but of the mesh itself – lending to a better framed and better looking preview image when sharing across channels like Facebook and Reddit.
• Layer operations will no longer leave empty blocks in the layer, therefore using less memory and allowing for more sculpting and resolution increases.

• Smooth tool is much more effective on high res sculpts: when using smooth tool at maximum size, it smooths much more aggressively. You’re now able to only fill valleys or only flatten peaks.

New Sculpts

New sculpts included in your Downloaded gallery from Brandon Gillam and Razmig Mavlian. Go check them out! 
19 REPLIES 19

bhsharp
Protege
@Arjuna-Lad That's weird - nothing we did should have impacted that at all. 😞

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant

bhsharp said:

@Arjuna-Lad That's weird - nothing we did should have impacted that at all. 😞

I've been getting that one a lot the last couple of days. Was happening before last night's update, tho. Doesn't cause any problems and doesn't crop anything. Just a bit weird.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I've also gotten that warning before the update ("increasing resolution caused sculpt to lose it's borders") even when no part of my sculpt was near the borders, and there was no visible loss of any part. I just ignored it and carried on.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Tried re-uploading my model to get a better preview image, but I still ended up with the head cut off. Even
turning off the ground object that he's standing on didn't adjust it
enough to get his head in the shot. I ended up rotating my model for a
more downward angle to get his head in, but I would prefer some control
over the preview view instead.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Scout1138
Expert Protege
Thank you Medium team, these are great updates!
https://www.artstation.com/artist/scoutwindsor
https://www.instagram.com/scoutwindsor/
My PC build: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/nWnnTW

ozelon
Protege
Thanks fir the frequent updates. The smoothing change makes working on high res stuff valid which imo is a huge improvement!

I do get the same lost border bug frequently now too though. I also ignored it and it didn't seem to have any impact.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't been able to run the thing for a few months now. Keeps on crashing at launch. I started a thread a while back but got no help yet.  😞

MattHickman
Rising Star

snowdog said:

Keeps on crashing at launch

Sorry to hear that, have you seen the other threads related to having 3rd party apps, GPU tuners, etc causing many of the crashes?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not got my GPU overclocked, it's running at stock since I reinstalled Windows. It can't be my ESET Smart Security causing the problem because it was fine running with Medium in December.

And I haven't added any third party software since it stopped working apart from games via Steam and the Oculus Store apart from Ad-Aware and I uninstalled that before I reinstalled Windows.

Is there some sort of crash log that I can upload somewhere..?

MattHickman
Rising Star
Yeah, you can file a ticket through customer support and they'll pass the logs along. 

We made some changes to try and support some 3rd party softwares. Ad Aware was a big problem, try disabling everything, we've had problems with malware and security softwares thinking our file format is a threat.