cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Win10 after the installation Oculus

kamskill
Honored Guest
Hello,
I installed Oculus Rift drivers downloaded from oculus.com/setup/. Everything is plugged in and installed properly.

The computer’s parameters:

Windows 10 Pro 64 bits
Intel Core i7-6700 CPU 4,00 GHz (8 CPUs)
32768MB RAM
GeForce GTX 1080

Oculus worked correctly, I tested demos, but the problem began at shutting down my computer. My PC couldn’t shut down on its own, I had to do it manually.

When I restarted the computer, the following error notification appeared: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

https://www.dropbox.com/s/25nij6g1pchslxb/20170204_003627.jpg?dl=0

restoring the system using a disk failed
trying to restore the backup failed
trying to enter safe mode failed
the backup from 3 days back was restored after typing rstrui command three times

The second attempt to install oculus rift

Correct installation and configuration, additionally with Steam VR installed
Movies and VR games tested – all worked properly.
I was trying to restart the computer, this time the device shut down without problems but right after starting up the same error notification appeared
https://www.dropbox.com/s/25nij6g1pchslxb/20170204_003627.jpg?dl=0

This time the system was fixed fast and the previous-day backup was restored.

What can be source of the error?
109 REPLIES 109

Hudyma
Honored Guest
Anyone else have any advice?
my CV1 has been working fine for months, all of a sudden I get the BSOD with the System Thread Not Handled BS.
I can't boot in safe mode and have now also restored my PC, saving my personal files, still to no avail.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you please grab your log files as shown here?
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
I'd also recommend contacting support about this issue. 
https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Benitius
Honored Guest
I hace exactly the same problem with my gtx1080 and also the same wiht an gtx1060.
Please, could yo help me?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the same problem on my system Asus Z170, EVGA 980ti. I did a clean windows installation and updated all the latest drivers and bios for the motherboard and the latest driver for the graphic card and I was getting random BSOD. Every time the BSOD happens I had to restore the computer from a backup image I made. I spent 3 days troubleshooting the problem, online search all points to graphic card drivers. I check nvidia again and they had released new drivers. I used that and so far no more BSOD. The only other thing I did different this time was I did not install the nvidia Geforce Experience.8glqpp5ttrq1.jpg

DondarionT
Explorer
I can report the same behavior:

Z170 Pro Gaming motherboard
3 sensors

cybereality
Grand Champion
Have you tried all the suggestions earlier in this thread?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

danknugz
Superstar

That error is usually related to old or corrupted graphics card drivers. I'd recommend completely uninstalling the Nvidia driver (maybe use something like DDU to be sure) and then reinstalling the latest drivers from Nvidia. Also, if your system restore is not working, that could indicate hard-drive issues. You may want to run a scan of the hard-drive to check for errors and/or repair them.

I dont think it's a GPU driver issue in this case because I experienced the same error on a similar motherboard (ASUS z170 pro gaming), but the triggering of it was slightly different. In my case, I went to plug the HMD's usb cable into the 3.1 port and then the BSOD. OS was hosed and had to do what the win 10 equivalent of system restore is, which in my case worked fine. My guess is that its a combination of the chipset associated with this line of motherboards and the Rift drivers.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I have the same board. I'll provide the bios and drivers information when I get home tonight. Here is my setup https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/49791/z170-motherboard

SweetBriar
Honored Guest
Same boat here since whatever update took place the other day. Cannot even boot Windows in safe mode or otherwise if the Asmedia 3.1 USB hardware is enabled in the BIOS on our ASUS ROG G20. I have to shut it off to boot. I can then remove the driver, turn it on, install the driver and boot. But if I put the HMD into the normal 3.1 port it uses I'm back in the BSOD loop. 

Sparmane
Honored Guest
Has anyone from Oculus actually commented on this because I have the same issue. I installed it yesterday and plugged the rift in prior to installation and so got the same error. Unplugged, reset windows then installed software prior to plugging in the rift and woohoo, works perfectly and spent several stomach churning hours playing elite and other such games. Fired the PC up this morning and it still worked, gave Minecraft a run and worked a treat. Got home from work and here i am having to reset windows and lose my files. £500 is a lot for a device that appears keen on killing my rig. We need a word from oculus