cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus PC 1.12 going live today

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, everyone - I wanted to share a short update on 1.12, which we’re starting to roll out to everyone today.

Based on our testing, we believe 1.12 should improve tracking quality - especially for 3 sensor setups - and address the recent issues that some users were experiencing with 1.11. This release also includes a number of improvements under the hood. You can check out the full 1.12 release notes here: https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/50132/oculus-1-12-release-notes/p1 ;

This was also the first time that we invited select folks in the community to help us test ahead of the official release. A huge thank you for all the feedback we received - it was helpful in getting the release more quickly. We’re looking forward to doing more of this in the future. 

We roll out to everyone in phases to make sure everything is working as intended. As with any new release, there are a handful of small known issues that we'll continue to work through. We appreciate all the feedback, keep it coming. 

Thank you!

Nate

75 REPLIES 75

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice! I was hoping it would start to roll out today!

I've currently got some financial issues which I was hoping was going to get sorted out this week but it's looking like it's going to be months now which has really pissed me off. Means I can't afford to get myself a third sensor until May or June now. Oh well, hopefully there'll be more updates and 3 sensor tracking will be perfect by then lol :smiley:

elboffor
Consultant

snowdog said:

Waffle waffle waffle

Post a pic of your beard!

You never know tho, 2 sensor roomscale moght be dramatically improved by this update also
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Calibos
Heroic Explorer

elboffor said:

But never mind that, when is this wave gonna hit the UK? I want to get me some good tracking :pensive:
Awesome for the update tho nate-dawg, we really do appreciate you taking the time to post it.

Mine updated to 1.12 as soon as I started Oculus Home tonight at about 10pm. (Ireland) I always seem to be in the first wave for updates.

Kano_Connor
Explorer

Calibos said:

elboffor said:

But never mind that, when is this wave gonna hit the UK? I want to get me some good tracking :pensive:
Awesome for the update tho nate-dawg, we really do appreciate you taking the time to post it.

Mine updated to 1.12 as soon as I started Oculus Home tonight at about 10pm. (Ireland) I always seem to be in the first wave for updates.

awesome dude, which country do you like in, still waiting in UK

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star

awesome dude, which country do you like in, still waiting in UK

I'd go for Ireland :wink:

Gravity1368
Protege
I hope this update comes my way fast, would like to use my rift again lol.

AlehandoroVR
Protege
@nmitchell Thank you for keeping in mind the community.

I told the person with whom I contacted through the Ticket system when they proposed to participate in the pre-beta, the Oculus team has done a great job with 1.12.

Congratulations all the team.

Today I played 1h and 30min to the Arizona Sunshine and the tracking has been perfect, I have not had a single jump

Anonymous
Not applicable

elboffor said:

snowdog said:

Waffle waffle waffle

Post a pic of your beard!

You never know tho, 2 sensor roomscale moght be dramatically improved by this update also

Done!

http://i.imgur.com/ZdQRi1R.jpg

:smiley:

Posted after someone bit me. I've been really hungry since then too for some reason...

elboffor
Consultant
Sexy
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer
How is the new update? 
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. MSI VENTUS 3 RTX 3080 OC, Primary: MSI MAG274QRF-QD 2nd monitor: Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.