cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney Movies VR only "Coming Soon"?

MarkusWo
Expert Protege
Hi,

what is this Disney Movies VR experience (Oculus Rift store ) about?

Every theme i choose (Marvel, Disney, Star Wars) only says "Coming soon"...
Does anybody know when this app is usable? It doesn't make sense if you can just start up a menue but there is no content.
Or am I missing something?

Thanks for any tips,
Markus
7 REPLIES 7

ogflatlander
Protege
Seems to be at this point a collection of Disney based VR experiences.  So the Disney one has Jungle Book and other past experiences and the Star Wars one has the racer video and others (I haven't watched all of them yet so cant say which ones).  I like the interface and hope they add to it soon and kepp building it out.  

Odd, Last night I was able to see Disney and Star Wars videos.  Only coming soon was the Marvel one.  I would just look at the names and click on the select button on the Oculus remote and then it listed what videos I could watch.  I

zork2001
Heroic Explorer

Beauty and The Beast Experience was pretty impressive, when
the song was done they take you to this room with Images of the movie surrounding
you and everything looked so clear to me like It was in the second generation of
VR… I wonder why they can’t make everything look that good.

ogflatlander
Protege
Good to know.  The quality I have seen of the video online has been pretty grainy.  Will check it out tonight.

MarkusWo
Expert Protege
That's strange! So you say when you choose one of the signs you can click on them?
I only get "coming soon" from all three...
Is this region dependent? Could fellow Germans comment if they have the same problem?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

MarkusWo said:

That's strange! So you say when you choose one of the signs you can click on them?
I only get "coming soon" from all three...
Is this region dependent? Could fellow Germans comment if they have the same problem?

Thanks!

I have the same problem in the UK! 😕 

If it's region locked that would be really annoying, I was looking forward to the Starwars ones. (Plus I saw it on FB, why lock it.)Has anyone outside the US managed to get it to work?

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Guys I'm in the UK it works fine. Marvel, yes coming soon. Star wars, look at it and 3 rings will load, highlight the dot over one of the rings and it will say "Stream or Download" Download is the better option 🙂
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
okay cool I'll have another check tonight! 🙂