cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogue One, Star Wars.. Comments.??

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer
Get better security Darth Vader. Jesus !!

53 REPLIES 53

Techy111
MVP
MVP
See frog boy it's well known = 

1hqa33u1ytba.jpg
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

kojack
MVP
MVP
14n3giqnwr6d.gif
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer
Too many space mushrooms Kojack.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

molokow said:

This is the first movie in the narrative so far. The movie depicts the beginning of the narrative.

No, Episode One is the first movie in the narrative. It's all one narrative. The first movie starts before Darth Vader even exists. I believe this movie comes between Episode 3 and Episode 4, since it is a sub-plot.

And if you watch all 7 movies, then the Storm Troopers in Rogue One actually land more shots than pretty much any other Storm Trooper ever. This movie stands out more because the bad guys kill the good guys. Which makes your complain super silly.

That's why I asked if you have seen the other films. You still haven't answered, so I guess you haven't seen them. I suggest avoiding them then, because the Storm Troopers miss way more in those other Star Wars films.

kojack
MVP
MVP
9ux1ra2taxmv.gif

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable

kojack said:

Biggest problem with Rogue One: they left out Kyle Katarn!
It was Kyle that stole the death star plans in the lucas arts game Dark Forces.

Kyle was an ex imperial soldier who became a mercenary, then a jedi. He walked the line between the light and dark side, used guns in addition to a light saber, and was just a cool character, and even had a real actor for the video cut scenes.

But thanks to disney, Kyle's part in the Starwars story has been removed. 😞

Well, the question here is whether Dark Forces is considered to be canon. If it wasn't, then this is a moot point and wishful thinking. Granted, they developed the Kyle Katarn character very well, and it's a waste for him not to be canon. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

molokow said:

Zenbane said:

molokow said:

There was the risk of suicide and they didnt suicide they were murdered.

Right, they were all murdered because the defenses were really good. But you keep arguing otherwise.

Anyway, my suggestion is for you to stick to documentaries.

Also, there were 7 other Star Wars movies that came before this one, where Storm Troopers became legends for their overwhelming ability to miss. Unless this is your first Star Wars movie... then I have no idea what you tricked yourself in to believing.

It wasnt there defenses that stopped them escaping. That was only part of it.
They ran out of time to get a ship to escape.

Just an FYI. Their defenses aren't limited to just what was on the ground, or what they initially start off with. Defense is also relative to the how you respond to a threat. So it's more like this.

Rogue one breached their initial defense through some clever tactics (They had an Imperial ship, droid and defector with inside info). Similar tactics used in many movies where a small band of agents/soldiers could breach really heavy defenses due to those advantages. 

Created some ground distractions that worked out quite well, but ended up with many of the rebels dying. 

Surprise attacks tend to yield higher success kills than those being caught by surprised. You get to take up strategic positions first, while your enemy is caught off guard. Nonetheless, it was only a matter of time before the Rebels were outnumbered and essentially all killed. 

Rogue One would've likely been taken out sooner had the Rebels not sent additional reinforcements to keep their Space defenses occupied, and to help punch a hole in their planetary shields to get the message through. Technically speaking, their defense at the time would've prevented Rogue one from completing their mission, alone.

Also, in order to accomplish those tasks, many Rebels knew they had to give up their lives. They had to sacrifice some of their best. That means something.

After the Rebel reinforcements, the Empire's defense included sending Vader and the Death Star to location. At this point, the rebels really had no chance. They barely got their message and ran like hell. 

The Empire's tactics are so ruthless, that their defense strategy involved not giving a damn about wiping out one of their own planets if it serves their purpose. 

Lastly, it is a Hollywood movie, where good tends to prevail and the whole point of Star Wars has always been the underdogs making a difference. Of course you have to have some of those last second "I win" cliches. The thing is that a lot of people were sacrificed to prevail. You can't ignore the sacrifices and say their defense sucked. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

arttek said:
You can't ignore the sacrifices and say their defense sucked. 

Well put, good sir.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Remind me never to sign up for Galactic Empire Home Defence Systems. If a burglar gets in, they burn down the house to make sure he doesn't get away!   :#

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer
Dang, I came here thinking this was about the Rogue One VR game that PSVR has; Hoping it was coming to Rift Doh!