cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ripcoil: Community Tournament

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
This thread will be used to host the first community tournament for the game, Ripcoil.

For the first few days we will be going through the sign-up process. So anyone interested in signing up, simply post here! We can ask @cybereality to grant a special forum title for first place. This will be a Single Elimination tournament, and if the turnout is good, I imagine a second Tournament would follow with a slightly more notable prize with a Double Elimination process.

Sign-up's are closed and the Tournament has begun!

You can track the Tournament here:
http://challonge.com/ripcoilvr01

Regarding Battle Schedules:
Once it is posted that you are up for a duel, simply coordinate with your opponent various times to best accommodate both of your schedules. Both of you will be given up to 5 days total to complete your battle, after which if no battle has taken place then the winner shall be determined by either who was most readily available during those 5 days, or simply via random selection.

Determining "who won"
When a battle is over, both players should report back to this thread with the name of the victor. If for some reason there is a dispute it will help to provide either a Screenshot or a Video of your match, so be sure to at least take a screenshot showing that "you won" as a backup. Videos are entirely optional and are typically shared as added fun factor; so feel free to share your match media for fun!

The Championship Battle rules:
For the final battle, this will be a Best of 3 engagement. Both players can agree to have all 3 battles back-to-back, or schedule them separately. The same 5-day rule applies per battle.

The winner will get a unique forum title. Good luck, have fun, practice, and kick arse!
261 REPLIES 261

rancid727
Protege
i'll join that is if it runs at a time i can be threre

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
The tournaments for this community run over the course of a week or longer, to accommodate peoples schedules.

Ultralow36
Explorer
i'm in....

mosiff
Expert Protege
Just a question. What times the tournament is going to run? I'm asking, because I live in Germany. 

JettStiles
Adventurer

mosiff said:

Just a question. What times the tournament is going to run? I'm asking, because I live in Germany. 

Don't worry too much about the time - you look up whom you are up against on the tournament bracket and then you two find a time when it suits you both (least that's the way we did it on the Dead & Buried Tournament).
Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 @ 3.40 Ghz -- Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3-1600 -- EVGA GTX980 ACX 2.0 -- Asus H97M-Plus -- Asus VG278H 120Hz 3D Monitor

CrashFu
Consultant
Think it'd be possible to record our matches to put together a highlight reel or something, without bogging down the performance of the person recording?
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Add me, call me, i'm in!
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

nalex66
MVP
MVP

CrashFu said:

Think it'd be possible to record our matches to put together a highlight reel or something, without bogging down the performance of the person recording?

A few of the guys recorded their Quickdraw matches in that tournament. Nvidia Share seems able to record without impacting performance too much.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Quick bump to the thread, to give newcomers a chance to sign-up.

So far we have 11 participants, and I'd like to get up to 16 in order to make sure we don't have any First Round "byes." Although even if we do we can sort it out with extra matches towards the end.

Keep the sign up's coming!

elboffor
Consultant
@Techy111 and @vannagirl why dont i see your names here?
Also @Thug man up n get signed up 😛
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.