cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Do We Need To See @ E3 2017?

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
After a low-key (if not invisible) CES - it was suggested that Oculus VR (OVR) would be making its big push for the VR high-ground at E3 in June. While we wait, I would be interested in some of the things that you all would like to see on the large booth reported to be planned for the LA consumer game show of shows?
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
28 REPLIES 28

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Personally i am not expecting anything hardware wise from oculus, they have "delivered" all they need to from that side of things for the next year or so...... 

news of software / driver updates is always good, improvements to home, any new IP they may have coming.... but personally this is the 1st year i am not that bothered about what oculus show (not a moan, quite the opposite, it is because for the most part for me, oculus have fullfilled my hardware needs for now and i have not got time really to play the software which is already out).
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I know it's not news from Oculus, but I'm really looking forward to hearing more about Fallout 4 VR, which will apparently be at E3 with improvements over last year's demo.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Expediter
Expert Protege

nalex66 said:

I know it's not news from Oculus, but I'm really looking forward to hearing more about Fallout 4 VR, which will apparently be at E3 with improvements over last year's demo.

I just read this and am also excited about this. 

And non VR related, I NEED some borderlands 3 news at E3 this year. I loved BL2 and can't wait to get my hands on some BL3. Even better if they add vr support. 

ogflatlander
Protege
I would like to see the already announced games on the floor for people to try out and show online. Then maybe a few games that they mentioned were coming but did not give us any details.  Would love a few more unannounced games just being mentioned even if they are early next year just to show they are not slowing down.  Not too worried about new hardware yet unless it is something that is incorporated into this gen.

Where do you think the news will come from?  Just the show floor or would the PC Gamer show incorporate VR gaming for Rift/Vive?

HiThere_
Superstar

andyring said:

kevinw729 said:

andyring said:

...progress on CV2 to keep the dream alive.

Do you really expect to see CV2 before 24-months 😕

Absolutely not

As a glasses user surrounded by glasses user who can't fit their glasses into a CV1 either, I sure hope to have switched to a VR headset with glasses support by the end of 2018, even if it isn't a CV2.

I can't believe how many friends and family failed to fit their glasses into the CV1 just because it wasn't designed half an inch wider.

Not to mention the scratched lenses issue from all the glasses the CV1 ripped off, which cost ~100$ to replace on a Samsung Gear VR and ~500$ to replace on a CV1...

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee
CONTENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111ELEVEN!!!!!!!!
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛

kzintzi
Trustee
I'd love to see a proper RPG of some sort.. something where I can pick a class, level up and so on.. would be cool. 
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

kzintzi
Trustee

Cyril said:

andyring said:

kevinw729 said:

andyring said:

...progress on CV2 to keep the dream alive.

Do you really expect to see CV2 before 24-months 😕

Absolutely not

As a glasses user surrounded by glasses user who can't fit their glasses into a CV1 either, I sure hope to have switched to a VR headset with glasses support by the end of 2018, even if it isn't a CV2.

I can't believe how many friends and family failed to fit their glasses into the CV1 just because it wasn't designed half an inch wider.

Not to mention the scratched lenses issue from all the glasses the CV1 ripped off, which cost ~100$ to replace on a Samsung Gear VR and ~500$ to replace on a CV1...

that really sucks - I have a large head, but not so large that my glasses scratched my lenses. mind you I do use the VRLENSLABS lenses and they work well so I don't wear my glasses in the rift unless I've got people over for a play..
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

AQfumes
Adventurer
I'd like to hear an update on their "Carmel" web browser and how it's coming along. 

shadowfrogger
Heroic Explorer
Rainbow six seige - vr version. Uses the same assets and engine but animation,movement, gameplay all have to be redone. More games designed solely for vr too. We need a game that players can put 100+ hrs into that can't be done on a monitor. It's asking a lot right now of the market I suppose.

I wouldn't like oculus to talk about any sort of research regarding the cv2 as people may want to wait for better vr not knowing it that end of next year is probably the earliest for the cv2.

I would like to see all the Microsoft vr units demoed and specs released. I would also like to know if they are also planning to create hand controllers, becuase of the inside out tracking of these Microsoft vr units, I don't expect it to be in the works yet but would be nice to hear if they are planning anything in the future.
Visit my amateur homegrown indie game company website! http://www.gaming-disorder.com/