cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ripcoil: Community Tournament

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
This thread will be used to host the first community tournament for the game, Ripcoil.

For the first few days we will be going through the sign-up process. So anyone interested in signing up, simply post here! We can ask @cybereality to grant a special forum title for first place. This will be a Single Elimination tournament, and if the turnout is good, I imagine a second Tournament would follow with a slightly more notable prize with a Double Elimination process.

Sign-up's are closed and the Tournament has begun!

You can track the Tournament here:
http://challonge.com/ripcoilvr01

Regarding Battle Schedules:
Once it is posted that you are up for a duel, simply coordinate with your opponent various times to best accommodate both of your schedules. Both of you will be given up to 5 days total to complete your battle, after which if no battle has taken place then the winner shall be determined by either who was most readily available during those 5 days, or simply via random selection.

Determining "who won"
When a battle is over, both players should report back to this thread with the name of the victor. If for some reason there is a dispute it will help to provide either a Screenshot or a Video of your match, so be sure to at least take a screenshot showing that "you won" as a backup. Videos are entirely optional and are typically shared as added fun factor; so feel free to share your match media for fun!

The Championship Battle rules:
For the final battle, this will be a Best of 3 engagement. Both players can agree to have all 3 battles back-to-back, or schedule them separately. The same 5-day rule applies per battle.

The winner will get a unique forum title. Good luck, have fun, practice, and kick arse!
261 REPLIES 261

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Coz I is shite lol
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

DarkTenka
Trustee
I played like 2 hrs of this game at most .. but a tournament? sign me up! ...

How will rounds be handled? Will we all need to be on at the same time? or is this more of a people play when they're available sort of thing?

Thug
Heroic Explorer
Never played it yet, but willing to make a fool of myself.
CPU: Intel i9-10990k.
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX3080,
RAM: 32GB DDR5,
Viewed on: Oculus Quest 2 or 28" BenQ monitor (x2),
Hard Drive: 2TB Samsung SSD (games), 512GB Samsung SSD (OS), 512GB SSD (3d),

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll join to help build the numbers but I won't be too good since I get a bit of motion sickness with it  😄 I'll give it another go this weekend to see how I deal with it!

elboffor
Consultant

that's the spirit lads, @Techy111 take note.

that's how real men act

@Zenbane, put techy in the tourney, if he doesn't show then he's just a loser 😛

This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Ohhhh go on then  😉 need some light relief after working up London yesterday 🙂
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Awesome.

We just need 2 more participants to get the 16, and we can start!

elboffor
Consultant
@vannagirl...
C'mon woman up.
I know @Techy111 is itching to throw a disk in your direction.
@Crosi_Wesdo get in on this action dude.
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll give it a go.  If it doesn't start for a few days, maybe enough practice will eliminate my falling over all the time 🙂

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Great.

We just need one more!