cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Facebook Spaces

cybereality
Grand Champion

Today, we’re introducing Facebook Spaces (https://www.facebook.com/spaces)—a new VR app where you hang out with friends in a fun, interactive virtual environment, as if you were in the same room. Facebook Spaces launches in beta for Oculus Rift and Touch today, and you can download it now from the Oculus Store (https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1036793313023466/).
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
84 REPLIES 84

Anonymous
Not applicable
Been playing with it a while this afternoon. Struggled a little figuring out what to do, but seems to be pretty neat. Especially like the way you can pick up photos and place them all about you.

Unless I am missing it don't really see a way to keep up with one's newsfeed though...

Oh, and also I had one PC system crash/restart when starting the app. So far only the one.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Yes, you'll need a Facebook account (and friends).

Can you also connect with your Oculus friends list, or only Facebook friends?

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Dark3stWhite
Protege

That's odd. Can you make sure you're on the latest Oculus app version (1.13)?

Yes i am

cybereality
Grand Champion

nalex66 said:

Yes, you'll need a Facebook account (and friends).

Can you also connect with your Oculus friends list, or only Facebook friends?

It's a Facebook app so it works with your Facebook friends.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Oimann
Explorer
I can't create a apperance or do anyhing. It says i have to tag a Foto on Facebook. I did, but i can't select it, The Tutriol doesn't start, it only restarts the app. How can i tag a Foto on Faceboom to youse it in the app

cybereality
Grand Champion
When you upload a photo to Facebook, you can click on it and then click on your face to tag it (alternatively there is a tag link near the bottom of the photo box).

VirtuaJulian
Adventurer

If
you are looking for some cool 360 photos to share and use in Spaces,
here's a bunch of Rift and Gear VR experiences we've published to the
Oculus FB page. Just share them to your profile and they'll be
immediately visible from your Facebook feed in Spaces the next time you jump in!

Edge of Nowhere, The Climb, Obduction, Lost, from Story Studio, Dead and Buried, Drop Dead

Plus we have some images in from 360Cities that are fun too:

Cherry Blossom Festival in Japan, Norwegian fjords, New York City

cybereality
Grand Champion

Looks awesome!! Too bad its not loading for me 😞 It works until I sign into my Facebook account and then just hangs at a black screen :(.  But as to be expected in Beta!

After you sign in you have to put the headset on to continue.

Oimann
Explorer

When you upload a photo to Facebook, you can click on it and then click on your face to tag it (alternatively there is a tag link near the bottom of the photo box).

i did this

cybereality
Grand Champion
See this page for help and instructions:
https://www.facebook.com/help/145986952600577