cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Facebook Spaces

cybereality
Grand Champion

Today, we’re introducing Facebook Spaces (https://www.facebook.com/spaces)—a new VR app where you hang out with friends in a fun, interactive virtual environment, as if you were in the same room. Facebook Spaces launches in beta for Oculus Rift and Touch today, and you can download it now from the Oculus Store (https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1036793313023466/).
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
84 REPLIES 84

Minitu
Expert Protege
Tried myself with two facebook accounts. Its not enough that the receiver of the call has its number attached to its profile, but has to have installed facebook messenger on its phone.

If you have a friend that uses Messenger, it can be fun... Especially if you put yourself in The walking Dead environment.
Soon upgrading to Ryzen

kzintzi
Trustee
I'm going to try this out tonight - my wife keeps getting on my case coz "real people" use facebook all the time apparently :tongue:

I might be able to finally get into it.. I saw the calling flatland people in the promo video and can't wait to try that out :smile:

Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Dark3stWhite
Protege

Looks awesome!! Too bad its not loading for me 😞 It works until I sign into my Facebook account and then just hangs at a black screen :(.  But as to be expected in Beta!

After you sign in you have to put the headset on to continue.

Yeah, I had it on, I tried multiple times, but it would just show the hourglass in the rift with a black background and then it would appear that it is loading but then the Facebook application along with my oculus go completely unresponsive. Unable to go back to oculus home at all. it appears that it just crashes the oculus software entirely as there is no light being emitted from the headset at all

kazRium
Protege
Just got it setup, pretty cool, started calling random people in the friends list, worked pretty well.  Question for anyone who knows, when I first logged on it said something about games, but I never clicked on it.  After I logged out and logged back on that is no longer there.  Is there a games section that you can go to?  Also, can you play videos from your feed, or is it just pictures? Cool stuff though! 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yeah videos should be supported too.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

NIXPRO
Explorer

Oimann said:

I can't create a apperance or do anyhing. It says i have to tag a Foto on Facebook. I did, but i can't select it, The Tutriol doesn't start, it only restarts the app. How can i tag a Foto on Faceboom to youse it in the app

same issue here. cant get past the first part. i tried uninstalling and reinstall.. problems still 

bloodylibra
Explorer
Cool app. But how do I change the background?

MrJosey
Explorer
Great! Now I just need friends--err--facebook friends who also have the app. I have friends......really......Can someone be my (facebook) friend?

xunknownx
Explorer
am i the only one who don't see the appeal in this?  none of my friends have an oculus rift and i'm not really interested in talking to random strangers, especially dudes in VR.

Gurenyun
Honored Guest
my facebook account dont work,I dont why,because I'm a chinese?

epplj8u2w0y7.png

it's alway in this page“Please wait....”,I waited 2 hours,but there are nothing,anybody help me. Pls