cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started on my Oculus Rift DK2

scriptman
Honored Guest
Hi there.  I just purchased an Oculus Rift DK 2 thinking it was a bargain but I have since found out that I cannot download the software for it and I will not be able to operate anything from the Store.  I'm also having a hard time getting the feature that lets you know what ports should be plugged in on the computer.  If you could give me a few tips I would appreciate this.
12 REPLIES 12

mingray
Explorer
Same here mate..
Was gifted a dk2 still boxed ...looking to setup do some vr rally play some demos before I decide to buy cv1...lost at the moment ...
Following your post hopefully 

scriptman
Honored Guest
Thanks.  I bought this on ebay second hand.  Turns out the cable that connects the headset to the computer doesn't work, (the HDMI one) so I got a refund (the software wasn't sensing the attachments of the cable).  However, the dealer let me keep the item so I have it for free.  Hoping to get another cable for the DK2 if at all possible.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
If he let you keep it then I'd say he knew it was buggered 😞

A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

scriptman
Honored Guest
She didn't know. It was sealed and in the box.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Was all the lenses and wires in the sealed wrapping mate ? Have you tried an older runtime to double check if it works OK?

A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
plus read this = https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/51931/help#latest if you have any probs getting an old Runtime pm me.

mingray
Explorer
Techy111 
I'm yet to unbox mine ...I have read up on runtime switcher and hoping I can experience older titles such as alien isolation...is this even possible with dk2 now ? 
Cheers 

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Should still work. Loads of tutorials on the tube 😉

mingray
Explorer
Cheers mate ...lots of reading up for me ahead 
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?