cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started on my Oculus Rift DK2

scriptman
Honored Guest
Hi there.  I just purchased an Oculus Rift DK 2 thinking it was a bargain but I have since found out that I cannot download the software for it and I will not be able to operate anything from the Store.  I'm also having a hard time getting the feature that lets you know what ports should be plugged in on the computer.  If you could give me a few tips I would appreciate this.
12 REPLIES 12

Murpheus77
Protege

mingray said:

Techy111 
I'm yet to unbox mine ...I have read up on runtime switcher and hoping I can experience older titles such as alien isolation...is this even possible with dk2 now ? 
Cheers 

I can confirm that Alien Isolation works as well as it ever did. Just ensure you follow the instructions to the letter, i.e. ensuring anything that you type into the game config files is typed exactly as is - as even the omission of a capital letter will prevent the game from running properly (a good old copy and paste should circumvent that issue).

I would also ensure your GPU drivers are rolled back to allow 0.5 to work. The version released around July 2016 works for my 980.

I would also expect any runtime switcher to not work with Home as the anecdotes of success are pretty thin on the the ground, plus my own personal experience of this would have me advise you to dual-boot with Home on one system and your legacy runtimes on the other. It's a lot let less hassle than you might think and will save you a lot of time dicking about to no avail. Good luck.

kojack
MVP
MVP

scriptman said:

Thanks.  I bought this on ebay second hand.  Turns out the cable that connects the headset to the computer doesn't work, (the HDMI one) so I got a refund (the software wasn't sensing the attachments of the cable).  However, the dealer let me keep the item so I have it for free.  Hoping to get another cable for the DK2 if at all possible.

Try removing the plastic cover on the headset where the cables go, then check that the cables are plugged in correctly.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Nodox
Honored Guest
where can i get old rutimes??
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?