cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting the rollout of version 1.14 (PC software update for April)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey everyone,

We started the rollout of version 1.14, our PC software update for April.

This month we’ve continued to improve support for 3-sensor configurations, including a new guided setup process for three sensors. The Oculus app will also now automatically prompt you to update your setup if you plug in a third sensor.

One other big change is around Touch and existing gamepad games: with 1.14, you'll now be able to use Touch for many games and experiences that were previously gamepad only. The buttons and triggers will map to Touch controllers automatically, making it easier to switch between games with different inputs (Touch vs. gamepad). This doesn't mean gamepad apps will suddenly support tracked input or hand presence, but it makes using Rift more convenient. Apps that support this new feature will be marked with “Touch (as gamepad)” in the store.

As usual, we’ve also squashed plenty of bugs and made tweaks throughout, so thanks again for your feedback - it helps us improve Rift every month. You can check out the full patch notes here: https://ocul.us/releasenotes

Thanks!

Nate
108 REPLIES 108

YoLolo69
Trustee
I'm glad I never had jumps, short grey outs, or flashes with 1.13. Rift have never been so smooth for me 🙂

1.14 landed today and I will test it tonight. I'll redo the sensors setting just by security like always when new version is installed.

Thanks a bunch Oculus Team for you works 🙂

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still on 1.13 here.
I am sure it will be like the last couple of times for me, and be a few days lol.

Draxcon
Honored Guest
Hello

cybereality
Grand Champion
Hi, @Draxcon
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

DTH
Heroic Explorer
Does the app need to be open or just the computer turned on?

cybereality
Grand Champion
It can update in the background or if you have it open.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer
No update for me yet.  
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. MSI VENTUS 3 RTX 3080 OC, Primary: MSI MAG274QRF-QD 2nd monitor: Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.

bigmike20vt
Visionary

Micro666 said:

Errrr....I get no jumps, short grey outs, or flashes. I've had my Rift for around 6 - 8 weeks now, and was on 1.12, then 1.13, and now 1.14 beta.

I've not encountered any issues mentioned. I get a rock solid picture in VR, and no tracking issues at all. Running on a GTX 1080 (though upgraded to a GTX 1080ti from yesterday) 🙂

Could these issues be related to lower spec cards or systems?

Micro666

I had a few grew jumps in ed on 1 occasion and when i checked one of my sensors was showing connected as usb 2. Rebooted and all was well. All my issues (i dont have many! I think are related to running my usb right on the edge.

Maybe its because i have 6 physical core i7 so have 2 extra (or 4 if you consoder hyperthreading)
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

stargate88
Protege
I got the update 1.14.0.375447. I have a 2 sensor set up (on my desk). Oculus home is now showing on my left hand side instead of in front of me. Height is incorrect as the floor is now on my knee level. When I move the hmd, the room is moving with it. Position of the touch completely incorrect to the point that they are not usable.
Tried the full set up but fails at tracking at the touch controller or the HMD. When I arrived on the HMD part it showed both sensors on my left side instead of in front of me.
Then started a steam VR game, all I could see is grey.

Suggestion as major feature for next update: possibility to roll back the version!

cybereality
Grand Champion
You should try to recenter in the Universal Menu and do the sensor setup again.