cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The problems that no one can solve :(

DelKrypt
Sightseer
can anyone that knows about oculus rift help me, cant get it to run. i have googled everything and hit up oculus with no progress. And yes i have a powerful computer, yes i ticked the "Unknown sources" and even uninstalled and reinstalled everything from the oculus app, steamvr, and steam it self. Im more than sure its not steam or steamvr for sure. Its def the oculus app, i cant download games, or finish the rift set up. when i get to the "adjust your lenses and pu on headset" i only see a little loading thing on the bottom right for two seconds, and everything stays black. It stops me from finishing set up. i skip that step and the oculus oculus can still go into oculus home. i close oculus home and try to go into steam vr and get "(error: shared ipc compositor invalid connect response (307))". Steam vr on the bottom right says compositor is not available. has a Launch compositor link but dosnt do anything. it shows that my headset is connected but wont recognize sensors or touch controls. i hit run room setup, but says headset is off. PLEASE help?
veptoc9exojx.pngyninj94add7e.pngi4c9do8wqnzx.png1nhjld7lhpxj.pngzbfuifd37qs8.png
23 REPLIES 23

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please upload the LogGatherer zip file (see here for directions).
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

YoLolo69
Trustee
Don't try to use third party software like Steam when you are even not
able to download Oculus native applications. When that will be fixed
probably Steam will work too.

The fact Oculus application can't finish installation can mean (like I experimented once during few days which drive me nuts) a problem with your firewall or Antivirus preventing the communication port rules creation. If you have an Antivirus you can try to disable it temporarily, and check firewall settings.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

DelKrypt
Sightseer
I have disabled my antivirus/firewall and i dont have anything that prevents any downloads. I will get home later and upload logs.

ParadiseDecay
Rising Star
I know this is silly, but do you have enough hard drive space free?
☆ YouTube 'Content Creator' and 'Steam Curator' ( https://www.youtube.com/user/ParadiseDecay ) ☆ Devs! I'm always on the look out for new and interesting VR experiences! ☆ Oculus Rift CV1 ☆ Windows 10, 64 bit ☆ Intel Core i7-3770 ☆ 16.0GB Ram ☆ GeForce GTX 1060

flexy123
Superstar
From your numerous postings it seems you haven't even finished installed the Rift completely...so why are you messing with Steam? What locations have you specified for your app locations and for Oculus..and yes is there enough space on those drives? I have a feeling something extremely trivial is the reason for your problems.

flexy123
Superstar
and I have never bothered with STEAM to "establish tracking". This is the Rift, not a Vive. You also don't need "to close Oculus" to use Steam.

DelKrypt
Sightseer

flexy123 said:

and I have never bothered with STEAM to "establish tracking". This is the Rift, not a Vive. You also don't need "to close Oculus" to use Steam.

I guess i meant to say i closed oculus home, not the app.

flexy123 said:

From your numerous postings it seems you haven't even finished installed the Rift completely...so why are you messing with Steam? What locations have you specified for your app locations and for Oculus..and yes is there enough space on those drives? I have a feeling something extremely trivial is the reason for your problems.

And yes enough space and i left their locations default.

DelKrypt
Sightseer

here are the log files 

DelKrypt
Sightseer
out of curiosity i opened SteamVR again (im very hard headed) and now steam recognizes my rift

DelKrypt
Sightseer
r73zgkk29fqj.png