cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win 10 driver error in control panel.

Chazmeister
Rising Star
Hi, I'm getting a driver error in my Win 10 control panel for the Rift CV1.

In the hardware properties window there is an error for the Generic SuperSpeed USB Hub and the device status is shown as: This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

The request is not supported.

Is there anything I can do to sort this out?

I can't say when this error has first occurred as I've only just noticed it, but it wasn't there from the start when I first installed my Rift, so I'd say it has only been recent.

I also have an issue with my rear tracking LED's no longer working, which I already have a support ticket for, but this has happened since then.

Apart from the rear tracking problem the Rift seems to still work OK though.
46 REPLIES 46

WebMaximus
Protege
Try changing the startup mode for the Oculus service to Automatic (Delayed Start).

Doing this fixed the problem for me and this again clearly suggests a timing issue as I said before.

Haven't tested yet if anything changed with the latest drivers that was released the other day. Maybe they finally fixed the problem now meaning this work-around no longer is required.

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer
I get the same error as well.  The common link to this is the inateck pcie usb 3 card. 
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. MSI VENTUS 3 RTX 3080 OC, Primary: MSI MAG274QRF-QD 2nd monitor: Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.

WebMaximus
Protege

e_m_d88 said:

I get the same error as well.  The common link to this is the inateck pcie usb 3 card. 

Isn't that the card recommended by Oculus to avoid USB issues?

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer

e_m_d88 said:

Isn't that the card recommended by Oculus to avoid USB issues?

Yes.  But the common denominator is that card.  It definitely something going on with the drivers.  Everyone that is getting that error as well as myself is using the inateck card.  Can't be a coincidence. 

ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. MSI VENTUS 3 RTX 3080 OC, Primary: MSI MAG274QRF-QD 2nd monitor: Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.

flexy123
Superstar
I just wanted to say, you should NOT disable xHCI.

Anonymous
Not applicable

e_m_d88 said:

Nope. I've been intermittently getting the error for a long time (my posts above September '16), and I'm just using the motherboard (Z97-K) USB.

I'm not saying that it isn't being largely seen by USB 3 card users, but it isn't exclusively.

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer
So is it some kind of device timing issue with the Rift and USB drivers causing this I wonder?  And my next question is.  Has this been a problem for people that don't have touch controllers? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

e_m_d88 said:

So it's it some kind of timing issue with the Rift and USB drivers causing this I wonder?  And my next question is.  Has this been a problem for people that don't have touch controllers? 

For me it preceded getting Touch. However, it wouldn't surprise me if adding USB devices could change the timings and increase the number of people seeing the issue.

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer

AndyW1384 said:

e_m_d88 said:

So it's it some kind of timing issue with the Rift and USB drivers causing this I wonder?  And my next question is.  Has this been a problem for people that don't have touch controllers? 

For me it preceded getting Touch. However, it wouldn't surprise me if adding USB devices could change the timings and increase the number of people seeing the issue.

So I wonder if it is Oculus related for the root cause of it then. 

Wagnard
Honored Guest
Having the same problem.... The rift seems to work tho.
Anything planned o fix this?