cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality

MowTin
Expert Trustee
Has anyone played this. I hear it's short. I'll still get it because I like this type of game but why does everything have to be so short?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syrbAsa9tPU
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2
21 REPLIES 21

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Who would put the time and effort in to the conversion? And who would pay for that? Even if it is cheaper, it still isn't free.

Oculus and HTC can't just take the intellectual property of another development studio and convert it for them. Copyright's n' such. You would have to petition to the owners of the software you want converted and ask them to do so. Of course... then what? Do they charge you to buy the VR version of the game even if you already own it? Because if not, then they just converted it for free. The number of "new sales" they might get by converting it to VR would in no way offset that cost. The PCVR market is way too small.

Everything sounds great in theory 😘

Now if Oculus and HTC give away that free money for the conversion, then we are all set. But those talks gotta happen first.

nrosko
Superstar
Short is all well & good but charging £23 for it, no thanks. 

cybernettr
Superstar
 I haven't purchased the game myself, but from a video I've seen of it, there is a LOT of voice acting in the game, all of it tied to the player's actions and what the player is doing in the game.  I have a feeling this would be the big hurdle to making the game much longer, is that a lot more voice acting would need to be added.  Anyway, to me, replayability is more important than the original length of the game. 

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
I've been playing this for a few hours now and it's a really nice game so far. Lots of interaction and a wry style overall. I never watched the show but I can relate to the characters. £23 is probably steep for some but it's not bad considering the fun you can have messing around with stuff and solving puzzles. 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

FieldOfVision
Heroic Explorer
Got this right away as I'm a massive Rick and Morty fan. The main story is amazing, even though it is a bit short yes. But that's what we get in VR at the moment. But at least they have added a fair amount of replay-able elements with score boards.

Being there with Rick and Morty, touching all the weird gadgets in the crazy garage and doing through the portal was so much fun. I'm going to wait a week or so and then play it again. There are so many things I haven't combined on the merging device yet. Who knows what I can create!!  

Latest VR game: Crazy Kung Fu
Other games: www.FieldOf.Vision

MowTin
Expert Trustee
Any plans for them to add new episodes or content?

FieldOfVision
Heroic Explorer
@MowTin
Haven't read anything about this but seems like they totally could. Especially with the portal machine, they could add new stories in the garage that lead to different worlds through the portal each time with DLCs. BUMP! 

MowTin
Expert Trustee
The teleportation in this game is really horrible. You can only teleport to 4 spots. Why doesn't just use regular teleportation where you can teleport to anywhere in the garage? 

And would it really have cost them much effort to open up the whole neighborhood so we can walk around and shoot things with the blaster?

I think there is an excellent opportunity here to open up the neighborhood, give the gamer cool gadgets to use on cars and locals. 

But overall, I really like this game. I just want more of it. It really needs to be at least 4x longer and they missed an opportunity to make the shooting sequence challenging. 

FieldOfVision
Heroic Explorer
@MowTin
Totally agree about the teleportation. It's a bit ridiculous to only be able to move to 4 specific points in the environment. I think 4 areas to teleport to would be fine, as long as you can teleport to anywhere in those areas, rather than just one spot. 

And yes, the shooting is REALLY easy. Feels like I could go for 24 hours non stop. But I wouldn't.

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I actually only finished the main game yesterday. I thought it was over after the shooting part. *no spoilers*

Overall, I really enjoyed it. It should be priced at $20 or even better $15. 

Like, I said, the teleportation system is one of the worst. I think it was meant with roomscale in mind. 

No reason you should be trapped in the garage. And it would be really cool if you could get in the flying saucer and fly around the neighborhood shooting people and things. That would be an awesome mini game that would offset the short story.