cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The problems that no one can solve :(

DelKrypt
Sightseer
can anyone that knows about oculus rift help me, cant get it to run. i have googled everything and hit up oculus with no progress. And yes i have a powerful computer, yes i ticked the "Unknown sources" and even uninstalled and reinstalled everything from the oculus app, steamvr, and steam it self. Im more than sure its not steam or steamvr for sure. Its def the oculus app, i cant download games, or finish the rift set up. when i get to the "adjust your lenses and pu on headset" i only see a little loading thing on the bottom right for two seconds, and everything stays black. It stops me from finishing set up. i skip that step and the oculus oculus can still go into oculus home. i close oculus home and try to go into steam vr and get "(error: shared ipc compositor invalid connect response (307))". Steam vr on the bottom right says compositor is not available. has a Launch compositor link but dosnt do anything. it shows that my headset is connected but wont recognize sensors or touch controls. i hit run room setup, but says headset is off. PLEASE help?
veptoc9exojx.pngyninj94add7e.pngi4c9do8wqnzx.png1nhjld7lhpxj.pngzbfuifd37qs8.png
23 REPLIES 23

DelKrypt
Sightseer
every one stop commenting lol i still cant use oculus home app. or download anything from the oculus store.

cybereality
Grand Champion
It looks like you have the video cables connected incorrectly. Rift and all monitors must be connected to the primary dedicated GPU (from Nvidia or AMD). Motherboard integrated video ports are not supported, nor are secondary cards in SLI/Crossfire configurations.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

kojack
MVP
MVP

flexy123 said:

it seems you haven't even finished installed the Rift completely...so why are you messing with Steam?

Yep, SteamVR runs on top of the Oculus SDK, it's not an alternative but effectively just another Oculus app (when used in that way). So if oculus software is having trouble, then SteamVR is likely to fail too.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

flexy123
Superstar
--->

You are running multiple GPUs (your internal Intel graphics) and your GTX TI 1050. You must have connected BOTH, the Rift and your monitor to the GTX1050. And nothing connected to the internal Intel graphics. [It's also possible you need to go into your PC BIOS and disable the Intel Graphics, but it's likely that's not needed if this is set to "AUTO" which it should be.]

This is clear looking at your Steam Error message and the fact that your logs show an Intel Integrated Graphics. So unplug everything from your Intel Graphics.

Edit: Ahhhh..cybereality beat me to it further above.