cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

orange light/nothing in headset/"guardian not working properly" notification

ezza
Protege
Was using the cv1 with touch controllers perfectly fine yesterday.
Today its telling me the guardian system isnt working at the moment and to click to read support article (which does nothing if i click)
So i go through the configure rift/sensor setup, i get to a part where i need to put the headset on to finish up and nothing.....

I have restarted the machine, backed out of the setup and still nothing, i tired superhot which shows up on my monitor but not the rift, just the orange light.

If i put on the headset/trigger the proximity sensor it gives me a fresh guardian notification with still no video in the headset.

any ideas or solutions? i will keep working on it and post up if i figure it out but so far kinda annoyed
40 REPLIES 40

GATOxVoS
Heroic Explorer
You might have to try to reseat the CV1's cable, both at the GFX card end and the Headset end. I would contact oculus support @ https://support.oculus.com/ as they can show you how to properly do this (hopefully through videos or pictures).
PC Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
850W Corsair HX850 PSU
4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup

Jay737
Protege
Hey..
You have exactly the same problem as I do.. What a coincidence:)))
Check this out:
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/52520/rift-stopped-working-after-connecting-third-sen...

ezza
Protege
I have checked this, also tried a monitor in the same hdmi port and it works fine.

Seems our problems are similar yes,

Oculus support doesnt want to know now they have an excuse not to care (my PC doesnt meet minimum requirements despite it working flawlessly for a week solid)

Having spent so much money on something that now does literally nothing and to have the support drop from beneath me when i need it i can say il be getting a vive if i get an opportuniuty, i hate to be that guy bitching and moaning but this isnt fair

Jay737
Protege
I think I found it guys.. give me few minutes to repeat the process and verify..

HouseSpecial
Honored Guest
I am also having this exact issue.

ezza
Protege
the suspense is killing me siky!!!!

I retract what i said about the support, they have gone on to try to help diagnose the problem, i have just sent a log to them upon request, il let you know if i get anywhere my end.

Jay737
Protege
OK here's what I've got so far..
In my case "lovethis" recommend to unplug all Oculus devices while PC is off. Start the rig and reinstall Nvidia drivers.
This didn't work but it was a good hint to begin with..
If you have Nvidia Graphics try this..

Turn off your RIG and unplug all Oculus stuff..
Boot up, uninstall Nvidia Experience first (if installed) and then Nvidia Driver..
Restart and let the windows them self install the graphics driver .
Launch Oculus Home and run Full setup..

Somehow this worked for me. My rift now works again until I connect the third sensor when everything goes f..ked again:(

In conclusion: The latest Nvidia driver no. 382.05 kills the rift screen for some reason..
                         The win7 default 381.89  works fine untill third sensor is connected..

ezza
Protege
OK cool, did you try rolling the nvidia driver back to the previous?
i might try that first, il let you know. Failing that il try your method.

thanks!

Jay737
Protege
Yes I did and guess what..?