cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming v1.15 Software Update Live on Public Test Channel

cybereality
Grand Champion
Hey everyone –

The upcoming v1.15 software update is now live on the Public Test Channel. As always, patch notes will be included with the official full release, but we wanted to provide a short preview here.

First, with 1.15, Rift will fully support three-sensor configurations for larger roomscale setups. We’ve updated the new three-sensor setup wizard in the Oculus app based on the latest data, and everything looks good. This also means we’re planning to remove the experimental tag from roomscale support.

If you’re part of the Public Test Channel program and have multiple sensors, we encourage you to test it out and let us know what you think.

We’ve also improved the way we share health and safety information, including a new safety video with the option – after you’ve acknowledged the information – to enable/disable health and safety reminders when putting on Rift.

Thanks to everyone who’s helping us test 1.15 early. For those participating, remember to share comments and feedback via the bug reporting tool. We look forward to hearing from you.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
60 REPLIES 60

YoLolo69
Trustee
That's great news Cybereality 🙂

Regarding the new setup wizard for 3 sensors, larger room-scale (so different limits, etc.); is it planed to update the PDF manual we had for sensors placement, or possibly it's already somewhere? I speak about the "Oculus 3 sensors Experimental 360.pdf" document, thanks!

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

elboffor
Consultant
I upgraded to a 7700k yesterday, if i still get that msg im gonna rage!

Out of interest, is 4 sensors going to be classed as experimental? Or just unsupported?
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great to see these updates with continuing improvement rolling out on a regular basis!

ChrisVR84
Honored Guest
Just curious... I just ordered my 3rd sensor.  Do I need to join this public test channel to get the update?  Asking this without doing any searching. 

adamorth
Honored Guest
Great news!

Roming22
Adventurer

elboffor said:

Out of interest, is 4 sensors going to be classed as experimental? Or just unsupported?

I'm interested in the reply as well 🙂

cybereality
Grand Champion

YoLolo69 said:

That's great news Cybereality 🙂

Regarding the new setup wizard for 3 sensors, larger room-scale (so different limits, etc.); is it planed to update the PDF manual we had for sensors placement, or possibly it's already somewhere? I speak about the "Oculus 3 sensors Experimental 360.pdf" document, thanks!

We baked those directions into the setup procedure in the app, so the PDF is no longer needed.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

cybereality
Grand Champion

elboffor said:

I can't speak for future plans, but currently I would recommend using 3 sensors as it should have the optimum support. However, you still can use 4 if you have a unique setup or need.

cybereality
Grand Champion

Just curious... I just ordered my 3rd sensor.  Do I need to join this public test channel to get the update?  Asking this without doing any searching. 

You have to opt-in to get into the test channel. Go in the Settings -> Beta in the Oculus app.

ufpocr2u31dq.png

gronbek
Explorer
Still have a problem with greyouts in Elite and camera sticking sometimes. Not as bad as 1.14 but still a problem