cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming v1.15 Software Update Live on Public Test Channel

cybereality
Grand Champion
Hey everyone –

The upcoming v1.15 software update is now live on the Public Test Channel. As always, patch notes will be included with the official full release, but we wanted to provide a short preview here.

First, with 1.15, Rift will fully support three-sensor configurations for larger roomscale setups. We’ve updated the new three-sensor setup wizard in the Oculus app based on the latest data, and everything looks good. This also means we’re planning to remove the experimental tag from roomscale support.

If you’re part of the Public Test Channel program and have multiple sensors, we encourage you to test it out and let us know what you think.

We’ve also improved the way we share health and safety information, including a new safety video with the option – after you’ve acknowledged the information – to enable/disable health and safety reminders when putting on Rift.

Thanks to everyone who’s helping us test 1.15 early. For those participating, remember to share comments and feedback via the bug reporting tool. We look forward to hearing from you.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
60 REPLIES 60

Heaney-555
Heroic Explorer

gronbek said:

Still have a problem with greyouts in Elite and camera sticking sometimes. Not as bad as 1.14 but still a problem

You can actually solve this by playing through Oculus instead of SteamVR.

Go to the Frontier website, sign into your account, and go into the 'Keys' section. Then use the Oculus key to activate Elite through the Oculus app.

Now uninstall Elite on Steam, and launch via Oculus.

voila- the bugginess and tracking issues will be solved- and you'll get better performance!

Jokergod2000
Adventurer
"We’ve also improved the way we share health and safety information" A million times thank you! I missed the DK2 registry edit to remove it...

gronbek
Explorer

Heaney said:

gronbek said:

Still have a problem with greyouts in Elite and camera sticking sometimes. Not as bad as 1.14 but still a problem

Go to the Frontier website, sign into your account, and go into the 'Keys' section. Then use the Oculus key to activate Elite through the Oculus app.

voila- the bugginess and tracking issues will be solved- and you'll get better performance!I

gronbek
Explorer

Heaney said:

gronbek said:

voila- the bugginess and tracking issues will be solved- and you'll get better performance!

I am not using steam vr. I am launching from Frontier launcher diŕectly

YoLolo69
Trustee
AFAIK the problem with Elite only happen in Elite (did I said that?). The gray screen and camera stick only happen when the game think (really of wrongly) sensor(s) can't see anymore the headset. It's frontier who decided to gray the screen to warn the user. The fact this only happen in Elite seems to prove the game have a problem (and frontier said they are investigated). possibly the game is too sensitive, too quick to decide a problem occurred, etc.. It never happened to me outside Elite. ED is a very demanding game CPU and GPU so possibly it don't give enough room for Oculus driver to work fine. That's why playing with core dispatching can lower of fix this problem for some users. Of course it depends each machine and each core (number of cores, thread, how powerful, etc.). At least this is my point of view of this problem...

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Hornet_F4C
Adventurer

Just curious... I just ordered my 3rd sensor.  Do I need to join this public test channel to get the update?  Asking this without doing any searching. 

Well, as @cybereality explained.

But the beta programm is not for you "to get updates". It is a public TEST channel for people that are willing to TEST beta versions and to report bugs and give feedback!

What you'll receive from this TEST channel may not be free of bugs and may not work flawless as it is just in the middle of the QA process.

Neither do you *need* that update right now just because you ordered a third sensor. It will work just fine with 1.14.

So if you just want to get your setup working, you should stick with the current software and wait for the official release of 1.15.

The test channel would be not for you unless you consider yourself as developer or beta tester...

Greets!

Calibos
Heroic Explorer
I've been having HMD tracking problems since 1.11. with my 3 camera setup. 1.15 worst yet. People keep telling me its probably my HMD and I should RMA it but the fact that after I mess around with the setup for a few hours I am usually able to get it back to a mildly annoying small glitches every other rotation rather than huge flashes and jumps every few degrees of rotation after an update. That tells me its a software issue. Cause I'm back to square one after every new update. I've also seen reports by several owners now who have had HMD tracking issues in the same period of time and who did RMA their HMD's but that their new HMD's act exactly the same, indicating that theres nothing wrong with their HMD's.

Anyway, I've ordered the 4 controller USB3 Startech PCIe card and 2x 5m USB3 cablematters cables and a forth camera. If this sorts my issue it'll show it was USB problems all along (despite me never getting any camera error codes). If it doesn't fix it, I'll RMA the HMD because I'll have nothing to lose at that point.

1 year in and I still can't permanently mount my cameras because I can't seem to nail down my tracking.

Zoomie
Expert Trustee
I feel guilty that I only noticed this release (and the update) by reading the article over at uploadVR.  Nice to see that they're keeping up with the Forums.  For all the complaining everyone did about news launching on reddit instead of here on the official forums, I think Cyber has been pretty effective at feeding us good info - when he was allowed.

This reminds me that I need to purchase a third sensor...
Edit: Aaaaaaand I purchased a 3rd sensor.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke

durian420
Explorer
i am finding with 3 sensors and even more so with 4 sensors i have a very hard time  getting  the touch controllers to recognize. i  would like to know what files store the tracking/sensor/guardian info. i want to be able to swap between my standard 4 sensor and moving one of the sensors off a tripod to  track my racing sim which is not inside my standard play area. idealy in the future we could store several profiles and choose between them

cybereality
Grand Champion
@MAC_MAN86 Can you please submit a support ticket? We'd like to assist with the issue you are reporting on the health and safety screen. Thanks.
https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV