cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Martin's sketchbook

Martinity
Heroic Explorer
Hi guys, in here I'll be posting my ramblings and sketches. Hopefully you'll enjoy watching my work, and feel free to leave comments and critique.
167 REPLIES 167

Martinity
Heroic Explorer
Here's my first try at using Oculus Medium for concept type mockup work. I made a stone stamp and painted the cliffs using that. The arcs and staircase in the middle of the image, was made using standard stamps. It was very rewarding to set up light in the scene, and to be able to see shadows and light in realtime as I went along.

The model was then exported to OBJ, imported in Zbrush and then sent to keyshot for a quck render. Then to photoshop for tweaks and a bit of texture.

What do you think? And do any of you use Medium as a base for finished work or stuff like this?

bdsfl0hlfpz7.png
w19eftf3y9ha.jpg

DeadlyJoe
Rising Star
Very cool. Medium has some serious potential to speed up concept art production. We maybe just need some texturing tools in-app and it'd be golden.

Anonymous
Not applicable
woah nice render, looks awesome!

Monstaah
Heroic Explorer
WOW!
PC Specs:

Black Box, with wires & some kind of electronicy stuff inside..
oooh it even has lights!! 😃

monstersandmachines
Heroic Explorer
This looks great! I'm curious what you did to the scene in Zbrush, was it detail work or texturing?

cybereality
Grand Champion
So good.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Dwightish
Explorer
Very nice results man, I'm using the same work flow but with a figure. The problem (I think) is when I export it from Oculus, Im not getting the proper XYZ axis alignment. So my character / figure looks like a fallen drunkard ha. Which is not so bad if that was the desired effect. But not really  what I'm going for with this project. Any suggestions?

Martinity
Heroic Explorer
Thanks guys! I really had fun with this.

Deadlyjoe, agreed. This is so great for composition.. being able to see light and shadows in realtime and move it around.

Chuckleone: Thanks! Zbrush was only used as a link between medium and keyshot. Didn't do any adition work in zbrush 🙂

Dwightish: Thank you! As for your question, I don't know if there's any way around that. I just rotate my model in zbrush or keyshot 🙂

Here's another environment. The figure was drawn in photoshop, but appart from that it's pretty much just pure medium. You can see a recording of the process here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dxnEapeaZQ&lc=z13pg5rh0oqngv51122rjbxxhrffg1ubv04
s85scl1akpiq.jpg

And a character+environemnt (Characters are difficult!)
0okx5ygvzahk.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
@Martinity Characters are difficult? That surprises me, i'm finding the total opposite. You mean in Medium compared to zbrush or blender or whatever?

Awesome sculpting BTW!