cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Rift Sensor Driver not found

Neotribal
Explorer
I had a problem yesterday that I ended up fixing on my own... decided to post and share my solution in case anyone else can benefit from it (problem stemmed from a botched uninstall.... power outage).

My rift sensor was being reported as "Not detected" within the Oculus App. Device manager was reporting that it was unable to find the driver. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Oculus Software had no effect. I found a folder located in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\Oculus\ that contained "OculusRiftSensorDriver.msi", but running the installer had no effect on my problem. Here's what worked:

Unpacked the .MSI contents using 7zip and renamed the files as follows:
  • OCULUSCAT > OCUSBVID.CAT
  • OCULUSINF > OCULUSINF.INF
  • OCUSBVID109 > OCUSBVID109.SYS
  • OCUSBVID111 > OCUSBVID111.SYS
Right-clicked OCULUSINF.INF, clicked "Install", driver installed successfully, fixed.

B) 

59 REPLIES 59

gfk65
Honored Guest
god bless you !

Espiem
Honored Guest
I now appear to be having a very similar issue with my headset. Any idea if there is a similar fix for the headset drivers?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Try running oculus-drivers.exe in C:/Program Files/Oculus/Support/oculus-drivers (I think that is the folder, I'm not on my Rift machine right now).
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

reactorhd
Honored Guest
U ARE GENIOUS!!!! I got DK2 as a gift and have been struggling for 40 straight hours without sleep my wife went crazy! I GOT THE BLUE LIGHT AND POSITIONAL TRACKING SENSOR IS WORKING! Thousands of people with the same problem, and this was the solution! Bravooo!!

holtenprod
Honored Guest
Thank you!!! Worked like a charm!

paul3k
Honored Guest
Thank you very much!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
THANK YOU SO MUCH
Solved my Rift setup as I was losing hope. 

Neotribal
Explorer
I didn't expect so many people to find this helpful, haha. Crazy that people are still getting usage out of this post over a year later  o:)

Talysman
Explorer
Just tried myself and it worked!!! Hats off to you good sir!!!!

MostHated_
Explorer
I have been going back and forth with support since Sunday because my second sensor wasn't working, it kept getting "Error code 10, cannot start device" when I tried to use the same driver as the first sensor, but otherwise it kept just saying driver not found, I can't wait to try this when I get home! It was working just fine (received it Friday the 25th) until Sunday. I tried all the things you mentioned. The PC I am using for it was running Windows 7 SP1, i5, 8gb, GTX 1050 Ti. It just all of a sudden stopped detecting it. I hope this fixes it!